Remitall Results?

Help Support CattleToday:

DFF

Reaction score
Anyone tracking results?
We have dial-up and cant hear all reults did hear Olympian up around 55K I think,
Silencer 8K, Just curious. Thanks DFF

oakcreekfarms":1elw546k said:
olympian went for $5000, silencer did go for around $8000
Hey Thanks for the correction, Do you by chance have other results?
The 1B bull calf 24HxReload I was curious about as well as the 57A bull calf by Route 66
Thanks L Day

No nothing coming back to kansas so far, and i doubt there will be

These are off the top of the head so they could be way off. I think route 66 was in the 30's, super duty brought 270. Most of the cows were selling around 1500-3000 range calves bringing around $1500 or so. Some calves were in the 5000 range and higher

Is it still in progress? Is there a website to check?

BTW, I think I just realized who DFF is. I believe I have seen your ads in HW and the MO Hereford Assoc. publication. Be glad to meet you sometime. Were you at the Jr. Nationals in KC? I have family in Missourri, including a first cousin who is a vet in West Plains area.

greenwillowhereford II said:
Is it still in progress? Is there a website to check?

Nevermind, I found it, and a couple or three since have been for under a thousand, but most around twelve or thirteen. The two year olds seem to be going higher than what I presume are the older cows.

Noted results I wrote down:

Lot 87A (bull calf) sold for $38000
87 cow sold for $19000

Lot 1 (Remitall Catalina 24H) sold for $45000. I think she would have brought more if she hadn't been too old to import into the US.

Lot 681B USA Semen interest in Online(1/3 interest and 300 straws semen) -$26,000

Lot 187 (Patriot's full sister) $7250

Lot 689 Patriot(1/2 semen interest and 200 straws of semen) - $18000

Lot 696 Super Duty (full interest/full possession 500 starws of semen) $270,000

Lot 698 Triplecrown (half interest/half possession 250 straws of semen) $12,000

I had to leave soon after that.

A lot of cows are selling at or near slaughter prices considering that many are 1600-1700 pounds. :frowns: I've watched several go through at 850-1250 dollars. I wonder if this is a sign of things to come. Could it be bad news for cattle producers or perhaps people are convinced that cows weighing less than 1200 is what we need to be producing? Then again it may be too many cows for the number of buyers.

That isn't exactly correct, they are splitting the pairs which means most pairs are selling for $2500-3000 more then market value

oakcreekfarms":2qi4yzqv said:
That isn't exactly correct, they are splitting the pairs which means most pairs are selling for $2500-3000 more then market value

Its was correct. I think it had to do with the older stock not being able to come to the USA
But there was many a cow that sold for just over meat prices.
Of course when you have a thousand head, there are gonna be some cows that arnt much better than comm cows anyhow.

But to say that the "low" end was selling 2500-3000 over market value...
Man I didnt see that at all?

This by far the most surprising sale I believe I've seen, judging by your post on some of the sale prices. I only watched a little bit of it last night, sale lot numbers 213, 214 etc. They were struggling to get a starting bid on some of them, you could make money hauling them straight to slaughter on a lot of those cows.

Yes, when I got back from my granddaughter's birthday party last night, they were still selling cows at 10 PM CDT. And there were a number of cows that were selling in the $750 range then. I had other things to do today, so I haven't even tuned in.

I'd been a buyer for a number of them at that price (20-25 head) if it hadn't been for the shipping/importation costs that would probably run another $600 a head. Even at that, it sure made me consider bidding, but I hadn't prepared to buy any of the cows and studied them. I had only looked at possibly buying a herd bull and some embryos. Most of the embryos sold pretty high. There were a couple of the herd bull/semen deals that I probably should have bid on/bought.

I tried to buy two sets of embryos (654A& 654B) yesterday, but the connection froze and hiccuped when they were selling and it locked me out from bidding. I guess it wasn't meant to be. A couple of online bidders were getting notices that their bids were in and the winner, yet the cattle were being sold to other people by the auctioneer. All in all, it was one of the poorest interfaces that I've seen with liveauctions.tv. They usually do an excellent job with little delay. I've bought several through them in the past. I don't know if it was due to the fact that so many people were interested and tuned in and chuggin up the system - or just the connection from Remitall to liveauctions.tv's server wasn't up to par.

Another disappointing experience that I had with liveauctions.tv was last spring when you couldn't see the Red Hills cattle in the auction ring due to the ringmen constantly standing in the way. Another participant and I asked Katie to ask them to stand in another place, but she said there wasn't anything they could do about it. So I didn't bid/buy anything, even though a couple that I had targeted sold for very reasonable prices. These two experiences have made me think I may need to start going to sales again - where I have an interest in buying something.

George

Yep the 606 semen went off cheap as did a couple of embro lots that I was interested in.
Oh well, just couldnt take the time to get it all done.
Plus there are a couple of sales close that I want to see???

Time will tell.

I stand corrected, I watched the end of the sale and pairs were bringing $1200. I must have turned off the computer to early yesterday to see the low numbers. Does anyone know what lots 120 and 174 sold for?

HerefordSire":6zi8y4jz said:
If the $270K was accurate reporting for Super Duty 42S, the it should be obvious for all to see the value of 517 crossed with Remitall line breds as he has 20% of 517's genertic material. If this doesn't ring our bell, then maybe we need to have our bell rung.

http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=51515950

Kinda hits your breeding program right in its "sweet spot", doesn't it HS? :tiphat:

George

Herefords.US":1fopzy2q said:
HerefordSire":1fopzy2q said:
If the $270K was accurate reporting for Super Duty 42S, the it should be obvious for all to see the value of 517 crossed with Remitall line breds as he has 20% of 517's genertic material. If this doesn't ring our bell, then maybe we need to have our bell rung.

http://abri.une.edu.au/online/cgi-bin/i ... 9=51515950

Kinda hits your breeding program right in its "sweet spot", doesn't it HS? :tiphat:

George

Yes sir! I wonder what the outcome would have been if Super Duty was crossed with 3008 instead of 517. The Online sired heifers I have are 18.75% 517 but I have some coming that will be 25% 517, eventually. Just goes to show us in this economic environment that cash is king. It appears great cattle were purchased below ordinary normal market values, such as Olympian for 5K?????????? WOW!

Latest posts