Remington 5mm

Help Support CattleToday:

kenny thomas":3juv892v said:
I have an opportunity to buy a Remington 5mm at a good price. How about some thoughts from anyone that has one or has shot one?
Try finding the ammunition for it. That's probably why it's "a good price"
Cheapest I've seen it is 15 bucks for 50 rounds, be better off shooting a hornet

Good to know. Guy has not brought it yet but has one box of shells with it. I did check and they are making shells for it but did not get the price.
Oh i would love to have a hornet also, but they are rare around here.

Kenny, unless you are into collecting, a .220 swift is a great gun. I have one that my grandfather gave me. It will get you into the 4000 fps range and rounds can be found anywhere. What are you planning to use the 5mm on if you do not mind me asking?

If you don't have many of something in your area just do a google search and you will find tons for sale. I like guns international or something like that. Be careful though cause you will see all sorts of stuff you really need. I love the old Belgium Brownings and they are all over it.
I have a BAR .22 coming from North Caroliana after the first of the year and it's all I can do not to press the buy on some pre 64 Winchester model 70's.

jed, what are some of the websites you buy from? I have not bought online, what are things to watch for.
I actually looked at a Browning sweet sixteen a week or so ago but it had a poly choke and made it worth about 1/2. I have bought a few guns lately and other than a Taurus Judge I have not shot any of them.

I have only bought that one and they have my money and I don't get it till after the first so I'm not a good one to ask.
http://www.gunsinternational.com/
I like this one but there lots more. I try to grab up any old one like that when someone around here has it because our local market is underpriced compaired to the whole country.
Next time your here ill show you my sweet sixteens, one is a rough hunting gun and the other in in the Browning Leather case and looks great. It's funny when I go bird hunting either in S GA or here most of the guys have the nice new high dollar guns and I pull out my old beat up 16.

expensive hobby":3vxcrgok said:
Kenny, unless you are into collecting, a .220 swift is a great gun. I have one that my grandfather gave me. It will get you into the 4000 fps range and rounds can be found anywhere. What are you planning to use the 5mm on if you do not mind me asking?

I have no plans for it except I didnt have one. Thats bad aint it. Might shoot a yote with it though. I have a 22-250 and a 17hmr so dont really know why i wd need it. Guess need is not the correct word to tell the wife. hahaha

I dont even have any kids to leave them to so cant tell the wife that one.
But actually she has never said anything when I bring a new one in. I might should watch that I guess. :help:

jedstivers":3as1z3wn said:
If you don't have many of something in your area just do a google search and you will find tons for sale. I like guns international or something like that. Be careful though cause you will see all sorts of stuff you really need. I love the old Belgium Brownings and they are all over it.
I have a BAR .22 coming from North Caroliana after the first of the year and it's all I can do not to press the buy on some pre 64 Winchester model 70's.

Jed- that .220 Swift I have is a pre 64 Winchester. They sure do not make them like that any more. My pap also gave me a pre 64 Winchester in .243. He tells me they are worth some money.

expensive hobby":2o18sj2f said:
jedstivers":2o18sj2f said:

Jed- that .220 Swift I have is a pre 64 Winchester. They sure do not make them like that any more. My pap also gave me a pre 64 Winchester in .243. He tells me they are worth some money.
They sure are, go to that site I put up and you will see.

I bought a 5mm Rem in the early 70s. 'Thoroughly enjoyed it. I am in the market for one now. I think it was made in a tube feed and a clip model as well. If you decide not to purchase, would you pass along the contact information? Thanks.

kenny thomas":uzi1d47d said:
Well, you are about young enough to be my son. NOT hahaha
he77 you could leave em yto me instead of that dang flatlander
plus I am young enough to be your son ;-)
but there is more of a family resemblance between you and Jed
I would have to work to be half as ugly as either one of you two :lol: :lol: :lol:

Pete, if it will shoot I am going to buy it. Price is too good to pass up.
AC your one of them dang flatlanders now also. I am going to have to relook at that and see where you stand. hahaha

You should reload if you plan to do much 5mm shooting, otherwise just get a .243, or even a .270.

My 3 gun battery is 22-250, 30-06, and 45-70. I reload all of them.

Latest posts