Reloading supplies

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

Fixing to start reloading with the help of a friend who used to do it and we are both starting again. Where are you guys getting your supplies? I've got the dies, rifle powder, now I'm looking for pistol and rifle primers, brass, and the projectiles.

hooknline":b1f6yzsz said:
Fixing to start reloading with the help of a friend who used to do it and we are both starting again. Where are you guys getting your supplies? I've got the dies, rifle powder, now I'm looking for pistol and rifle primers, brass, and the projectiles.
Bass Pro is a good place to find powder. Primers and bullets are hard to come by if you are using 9mm, .40, .45, .223 or .308. You can get some decent brass deals through www.oncefiredbrass.com

Other places to look are Midway and Natchez Shooting Supply.

Thanks guys. You weren't kidding about 9 and 45. Even the 270,308 and 06 stuff is hard to come by

Caustic Burno":30khmvmb said:
CB,

I found the slug reloading stuff very intriguing. Have you ever reloaded slugs? I wonder how difficult it is. I want to try reloading the sabot slugs. A box of 5 factory loads runs 15.00 to 19.00 so I can't shoot near as many as I would like.

Anyone still pour their own bullets? We have molds for about every handgun caliber. We pour(Ed) our own fishing lead so that's not new to us

We still pour some of out own lead bullets. Especially the large rifles...45-70, 50-70 and 32. With a 32 mold that will cover a wide range of calibers. I shoot the 98gr 32 round nose lead in everything from 32S&W, to the 30/06 and 303 british. Also, if you can find a 125 gr round nose 38 special mold, that will also cover your 9mm or vice vesa.
I used to hit the garage sales, and estate auctions to pick up reloading supplies. Used to get great deals but a lot of that has even dried up. I'll buy stuff that I didnt even have that caliber to shoot if the deal is good. It doesn't eat and you never know what the future brings.

HOSS":1pb71x7r said:
Caustic Burno":1pb71x7r said:
CB,

I found the slug reloading stuff very intriguing. Have you ever reloaded slugs? I wonder how difficult it is. I want to try reloading the sabot slugs. A box of 5 factory loads runs 15.00 to 19.00 so I can't shoot near as many as I would like.

Never reloaded slug's just buckshot, birdshot, buck and ball.
You can't go wrong with BPI data.
I have some load's they have tested for 16 gauge.

Got all the supplies in or ordered now. Only missing one die set that's back ordered and large pistol primers. Should be well set for quite awhile after this

Post by Caustic Burno » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:55 pm
I also think everyone should have a 38/357, 44 Spc/44Mag or 45 long Colt in a pistol and rifle one round fill's both need's.

Does anyone have rifle/pistol combos that use the same ammo? I'm been looking at 357 rifles but I prefer a lever gun and Browning is about it. Any idea's?

keysbottles":1q1sb4wh said:
I also think everyone should have a 38/357, 44 Spc/44Mag or 45 long Colt in a pistol and rifle one round fill's both need's.

Does anyone have rifle/pistol combos that use the same ammo? I'm been looking at 357 rifles but I prefer a lever gun and Browning is about it. Any idea's?
I've got a Marlin 357 Mag, I think Rossi makes a 357 lever gun too

dun":296gqecx said:
keysbottles":296gqecx said:

I've got a Marlin 357 Mag, I think Rossi makes a 357 lever gun too

44 Mag/Special here.
Marlin rifle Ruger pistol. Straight wall cases can be reloaded almost forever.

Latest posts