Red Poll in NY state

Help Support CattleToday:

hughnews

Reaction score
Hello from Hugh in Farmington .. north of 90 does anybody other then Art down in pamama have RED POLL ???? please let me know ... thanks happy new year :p)

Hi there. Yes I have six reg red poll heifers and 2 bull calves. So at least I'm getting a start. I'm pleased with their progress so far and believe they will cross well with other breeds to enable me to get a nice cow herd. There are a few others on the board that have them as well. I really enjoy their easy going temperament, I don't even get a chance to call them up as when I pull up to the pasture they come running, but they all do. I've got several charx heifers as well and I'm excited to see their cross with red poll.

i am buying a calf this coming spring here in W NY ... I will need a bull in 2007 ...... thanks everybody HUGH

We usually have bulls for sale most of the time and then our National Sale this year will be in Louisville at the North American.

Would be lad to help you find a bull

John

Jovid - I got mine from Martin and Mary Schriewer . Their bloodlines stem from Eldon Mackey and West Ky Red Poll Inc.

the heifers are out of Mackeys BH Blackfoot and the bull calves are out of 805-7-2 (what a creative name) by Bandaroo Landlord 2nd.

-----------

Hugh: If you don't have that many, have you thought about AI? I need to take pics of mine and get them posted and will do that one of these days, so you all can critique them so I can learn how to do better.

Latest posts