red Hi-temp vs Synthetic vs Moly grease

Help Support CattleToday:

DCB4

Reaction score
Been digging into some information on different greases and holy cow its enough to make your head spin. Ive always used #2 red hi temp grease on everything but was wondering if any of yall think its worth the money to go with a synthetic or moly blend? Also wondering if anybody had a brand they were particularly partial to

Using the proper grease for the application is crucial to long equipment life. A high temp grease is a must in bearings and such. In a pin and bushing there are much tougher greases than the typical "red and tacky" out there that wont just pound of after a few minutes of use.

I'm a Schaeffer's grease fan boy. They have whatever I need for any application.

Been using some hi temp blue what local store has. I don't make it to the city much this time of year. What i am sure of on my farm a lot more grease is used since we got a battery gun.

chevytaHOE5674 said:
Using the proper grease for the application is crucial to long equipment life. A high temp grease is a must in bearings and such. In a pin and bushing there are much tougher greases than the typical "red and tacky" out there that wont just pound of after a few minutes of use.

I'm a Schaeffer's grease fan boy. They have whatever I need for any application.

I've been intrigued by Schaefer's. Which greases do you keep on hand and how much does it run a tube? I have a couple guys around me who run Schaefer's in their semi's and swear by it

littletom said:
Been using some hi temp blue what local store has. I don't make it to the city much this time of year. What i am sure of on my farm a lot more grease is used since we got a battery gun.

100% agree on the battery gun.

I use Moly when I want long term protection on "sliding" surfaces. Otherwise I use #2 Red (hi temp) for everything and my half dozen grease guns (setup for different equipment with zerks in different places) all have the same grease. The Moly is usually applied with a pop-sickle stick right out of the tube and wiped on.

Don't remember the author but quoting: "Any grease is better than none at all".

Latest posts