Red Clover Resources

Help Support CattleToday:

LoveMoo11

Reaction score
I'm writing a paper about Red Clover for a class and am not finding much info...I've found a little from various extensions and whatnot but still need more. If you know of any good resources/websites I would appreciate it. I am looking mostly for info on the history, genetics, economics, varieties, management techniques, etc. I already have most of the basic info. Thank you!

Seed Solutions has a large bound cataloge with many different varieties listed along with numerous trial data. In the cataloge there is also a brief descriptions for site characteristics and seed bed prep. What exactly is the title of your paper?

The title is still a work in progress :? but here are the sections that are required in the paper: Ancestry, History of Breeding & Selection, Status of Germplasm, Commercial Suppliers & Prices, Popular and Unusual Varieties.
thanks

LoveMoo11":jrd8sc70 said:
I'm writing a paper about Red Clover for a class and am not finding much info...I've found a little from various extensions and whatnot but still need more. If you know of any good resources/websites I would appreciate it. I am looking mostly for info on the history, genetics, economics, varieties, management techniques, etc. I already have most of the basic info. Thank you!

I don't know if this qualifies as "academic research" but here is a link to a thread here from last summer where I posted some picutres of my interseeded red clover stand:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49695&hilit=+clover

note the picture further down the thread where I "missed a spot". This is a good comparison with and without red clover.

Good luck.

Do you know how to browse through the scientific journals yet? If so, go to your university library and look under the scientific name of red clover to find some research on it, otherwise extension publications and seed catalogs will only give you some of the information.

SRBeef":300uuku8 said:

I don't know if this qualifies as "academic research" but here is a link to a thread here from last summer where I posted some picutres of my interseeded red clover stand:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=49695&hilit=+clover

note the picture further down the thread where I "missed a spot". This is a good comparison with and without red clover.

Good luck.

Thats a nice stand, I did the same thing last year for the same reason.

You might try forages at Oregon State. It is a pretty well constructed web site with a ton information on most forage species.

Latest posts