red bugs

Help Support CattleToday:

I must be pretty bitter. Chiggers don't like me but eat up my very sweet wife. I have heard that if you increase your garlic intake your chigger problems will decrease. The same kind of situation for poison ivy. We use Technu to wash up after working in the poison ivy.

Try this! Take one cup of Tide with bleach and put it in your bath water and soak for 15 to 30 minuits. It sure smells better than bleach. Also another way to get them to stay away from you is spray skin so soft on your pants legs before you go out and you will not have any when you come in. This is an Avon product. We have used both of these methods for years, and they do work. Good Luck ;-)

i hope i dont jinx my self...but its has been awhile since i got any chiggers, but when i do i just get a cotton ball and put straight bleach on the bites, i dont mind the burn if it makes the itching stop....use caution if you have any bites in hhmm delicate areas
we put sulpher out in the yard and barn and shop areas, so we dont get em like we used to.....before working down in the bottoms i spray the heck out of myself, with deep woods off. all over my shoes and jeans, my waist area, they seem, to like any area that has a 'bend" to it, or a band around it. i hate em, but i hate fire ants worse. :mad:

The natural cure for poison ivy is jude weed. It grows by the river usually. It is in the same family as impatients. Crush up jude weed or impatients and rub it in the poison ivy blisters and it will kill it quick. It nutralizes the oils. For chiggers, we take a big drink of apple cider vinegar before we go out to pick berries. That'll keep them off. But pound for pound, the chigger is the most vicious critter on earth.

ctlbaron":296qe26o said:
The natural cure for poison ivy is jude weed. It grows by the river usually. It is in the same family as impatients. Crush up jude weed or impatients and rub it in the poison ivy blisters and it will kill it quick. It nutralizes the oils. For chiggers, we take a big drink of apple cider vinegar before we go out to pick berries. That'll keep them off. But pound for pound, the chigger is the most vicious critter on earth.

Is this the same as jewel weed? Thats and old cure I have heard of.

That's right Bama, it's the same plant. Jewel or Jude. It's called both. I guess it depends what part of the country your in.

The red bugs are terrible around here this year. I was leaving my clothes in the dirty clothes area near the bedroom. My wife has sustained some red bug bites from handling my clothes. She is new to red bugs and most dis-pleased with me over the bites.
Now I have to disrobe near the washing machine.

Latest posts