Red Angus bulls Cherokee Canyon & Romeo

Help Support CattleToday:

UG

Reaction score
I've been impressed with the few Cherokee Canyon calves I have seen and am also impressed with most of his EPDs. However, I'm a little concerned with the EPD for daughter's calving ease.

Have any of you had any Cherokee Canyon daughters that have calved? If so, were there any problems?

Also, I don't know much about the Red Angus bull Romeo (an ABS bull like Cherokee Canyon) but am impressed with his EPDs. Have any of you seen any of his calves or had calves out of him? How do they look (i.e. muscularity, depth of body, frame score, etc.)? How do they perform?

Thank you

I've used CC some but have had nothing but bulls so far. Like you I find his MTCE concerning. I'm using him on my higher MTCE cows and a couple of his sons on some of the rest. Romeo is not a very attractive bull in my opinion but he is very balanced as far as EPD's go.

Tod

Haven't had calves yet out of his daughters. Romeo get sold pretty good at the Lonker Female Fantastica this week. I especially liked some of the bulls he produced. He's on of the top selling young RA bulls right now. (He and Major League) Can't say yet how ours are performing, but they have a moderate frame and I like their depth and muscling that I have seen so far. In the ARA database, it you enter -1.0BW and over 80 YW, only one bull comes up therefore he is a highly marketable curve bender and out of the same cow family that produced Canyon Chief 830 and Dynamo614.

fellersbarnoneranch said:
Haven't had calves yet out of his daughters. Romeo get sold pretty good at the Lonker Female Fantastica this week. I especially liked some of the bulls he produced. He's on of the top selling young RA bulls right now. (He and Major League) Can't say yet how ours are performing, but they have a moderate frame and I like their depth and muscling that I have seen so far. In the ARA database, it you enter -1.0BW and over 80 YW, only one bull comes up therefore he is a highly marketable curve bender and out of the same cow family that produced Canyon Chief 830 and Dynamo614.

I'm not a Red Angus breeder so I'm not very familiar with Red Angus bloodlines. What can you tell me about the bull Major League, who was mentioned above as one of the top selling young Red Angus bulls? What bull stud sells his semen?

UG":1uywffca said:
I'm not a Red Angus breeder so I'm not very familiar with Red Angus bloodlines. What can you tell me about the bull Major League, who was mentioned above as one of the top selling young Red Angus bulls? What bull stud sells his semen?

Major League is a good looking bull IMO. I think Genex carries semen, not sure though. His semen is $50 a unit. Not in my budget

Bear with me and these low quality pictures of pictures--
Romeo.JPG

majorleagueclose.JPG

These are the more recent pictures I have seen of either one. To help you in comparison--Romeo was born in '01 and Major League was born in '02. We had a little bull by Major League and he's a spittin' image. Most of the calves so far, have "the look" and the caracass of their sire, but these are his first calves hitting the ground. Here's our bull at nearly 5 months

PANA1754.JPG

We've used major League pretty heavy this year is our first year using him but we are expecting about 25 calves out of him and we have about 8 recip cows with ET calves from him as well. we have also used alot of. we also used a bull called PIE deep Canyon from Pieper red angus his calves are really nice. We also use Bieber Make Mimi we have use alot of bulls get with me if you want more info on any other great sires we've used alot so let me kow

Latest posts