Recipes (Cook pictures added)

Help Support CattleToday:

flaboy

Reaction score
What do ya'll think about a separate forum for recipes? I know there has to be some really good ones out there and I think MOST of us have similar tastes unlike Kerry's. I know you can look up stuff on the food network and stuff but who wants a recipe from some gal/guy in New Jersey telling us how to cook country dishes?

I might catch some flack from a couple particular funny guys on the board but I have a couple I would like to have you try and report back on. I think it would be great to get some feedback from those who do try others recipes.

What ya think?

thats a great idea.you know theres lots of great cooks here.an a bunch of great recipes.

Flaboy
Are you wanting to use these recipes for your Bed & Breakfast for the Carpetbaggers that you have coming down during the winter? :banana:
I have a great recipe for Smoked Manatee.

TexasBred":zfj3wkfq said:
flaboy...post some of your favorites...maybe they'll become mine. ;-)

I am going to post one when I get home. I forgot it. I think most folks on here will like it and it makes enough for family gatherings.

Cracker, no I am not going to use these at my B&B I serve only roadkill to the carpetbaggers. :D

Ok, this is one of my latest creations. I have another bean recipe I am going to try this weekend and will post if it turns out decent.

COWBOY BBQ BEANS

6 oz Turkey bacon (or regular bacon)
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 green pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
1 Tbsp Vegetable Oil

1 cup Sonny's BBQ Sauce (I like their sweet sauce)
3 lbs Pork n Beans
1 lb Kidney beans
1 can bbq Pork (this is like pulled pork in a can)
Few drips of liquid smoke to taste
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp black pepper

Sautee the first 6 ingredients until done.
Pour everything into a Crock Pot.
Cook 6 to 8 hours on low with lid on. Do not stir.

Note: if you prefer less BBQ flavor, cut back on the bbq sauce.
Each warm up of leftover will become more and more like the old fashioned "baked beans" and some of stronger BBQ flavor will dissipate.
You can substitute your favorite BBQ sauce for Sonny's.
If you use real bacon you will not need the vegetable oil.

If anyone tries this, let me know what you think. It will have a strong BBQ taste so if you perfer less then cut back on the BBQ sauce by 1/2 or leave the liquid smoke out.

Turkey bacon???????????????????????????????? :lol:

Them "Snowbirds" done rubbed off on you??? :shock:

I think its a good idea. I've used a couple of recipes people have posted and they were really good. It would also be interesting to try different recipes from different areas of the world.

Flayboy I like this idea, and Jo has posted a few good ones as well that I still have to try.

This recipe sounds quite tasty, do you soak the kidney beans first?

What is pulled pork is that like a ham hock? :?

Pulled pork here is when you cook something like a boston butt real slow then you just pull the meat into strips with your hands or a fork. Very tender and very good. Some folks like their pork sliced but we always pull it.

I think this is a very good idea. I will post my lutefisk recipe and everyone can quit pm'ing me for it (Lots of closet lutefisk eaters ~ you know who you are!).

I make cowboy beans a lot for get togethers, but mine are different than yours yet. Is interesting I think (am easily entertained maybe). hd ~ you buy a can of kidney beans, not soak them. I also use butter beans and chili beans. Pound of bacon, pound of hamburger. Some ketchup, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Handful of brown sugar. Green pepper sounds good in there, sop does the bbq sauce. In the winter we cook it in the oven, summer in the crock pot. I have had them where people put a big chunk of motzarella (sp?) cheese in the center. It melts in there, for sure don't stir until you are ready to serve if you do that. Good starter choice fb ~ these are always a hit. Will have to try bbq sauce.

We make pulled pork here like Jogee says.

We've been picking blueberries and my daughter whooped this little creation up herself. Granted she is only 11 but she is pretty good in the kitchen plus the recipe is pretty easy but it is good. Specially with some ice cream.

Blueberry Cobbler

1 stick butter
3 to 4 c. fresh blueberries
1 c. water
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. self-rising flour
3/4 c. milk
1 c. sugar

Melt the butter in an 8 or 9 inch square pan. Put blueberries in pan with water and 1 cup sugar. Leave on burner. Simmer while making crust. Mix the flour, milk and 1 cup sugar together. Mix well. Pour over blueberries. Bake 1 hour at 350 degrees. Check all along to see if juice is cooking out. If so, add a little water to keep cobbler juicy. Serve with ice cream.

MikeC":1flyxh2f said:
Turkey bacon???????????????????????????????? :lol:

Them "Snowbirds" done rubbed off on you??? :shock:

I knew I could on a few of you fine folks to make smartarse comments. :lol2: Mike, I didn't have anything else in the freezer so I used what I had. I now have the "real" stuff so next time, heart attack!

Chowder, I knew I could count on you to pitch in and help. We anxiously await some of your favorites. Having seen how "healthy" some of your gals are we know they are not fat free recipes. :D

Angie, your cowboy beans sound like some I do for a meal. If you put all that ground beef, bacon, and other stuff, that is meal in itself. I make most of mine as side dishes. I also knew you would volunteer your Lutefisk recipe and please post it on the bass fishing board will you? :D

I did another bean dish this weekend (Dr told me I need more fiber :D ) and I will post it once I get my notes typed up. This one was made with Great White beans.

I use all canned beans so no need to soak them. Heck in fifteen minutes I had it all in the crock pot and was outside working. I knew what I had to look forward to later.

So folks, post some of your favorites.

I need a recipe for tamales. I have checked out allrecipes, they look good, but wouldn't mind some others or pointers on making them. Thanks.

Latest posts