Ranch pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":29rmlhg7 said:
cowgirl8":29rmlhg7 said:
TexasBred":29rmlhg7 said:
Fence I looked and thought" Holstein"...

Nice calves there Cowgirl. :nod:
Thanks, its been a good growing year.....
That's what happens sometimes with flec sims....similar to Holstein. Our bulls in the 80s looked like giant red Holsteins.. But, since we've never bought a cow I can say for 100% sure there is no Holstein. The stripe is only on one side...so so strange.
I used a simi bull last year...calves came out every color in the world with a lot of white around the face and head. He was an old school red/white. Looked like a horned hereford.

I bought a set of cows and was told they were bred to a Hereford bull.
I have have calves with white in places a Hereford doesn't put white.
Maybe that's what it was instead of Hereford

This calf belongs to our son. Bred to a black W/F sim angus bull and cow is the same....lol You just never know sometimes.. You'd think this calf is in the herd where the Hereford was. But no, only explanation is bull was out of a red cow.

cowgirl8":3necd56q said:
TB, you used a red and white sim, you can still get them? And why? Don't you run brangus?
Its been one heck of a Monday here.... First I find a cow, in fact the big red one with the black W/F calf pictured, prolapsed....ugh. I did not see her until I opened a gate to move that herd into the pasture that is 2 miles away from the corrals. Luckily, if I can say that, a bull in that pasture had a penis problem so got him up at the same time. I mean luckily because he wasn't in a different herd, thus making us get up 2 herds....Anywho, bull not fixable and going to the sale this week, cow stitched up but has to go this fall.....
We closed gates to keep cows locked up, but since we finished, a monsoon has hit. 2 inches of rain in less than an hour. Hoping it will stop long enough for me to run over there on my 4wheeler to get gates opened up. I think we left a calf way back in the pasture 2 miles from the corral where all the cows are....ugh....
Use to have brangus. Got just a bunch of sale barn cows now. Every color in the world, mostly cross breeds.