RECESSION OR NOT

Help Support CattleToday:

hurleyjd said:
Will the economy go up or down? I know that the inputs to my operation are greater than the return. Would you call that a recession or not? (could be bad management on my part) I think the economy will contract cannot see it getting much better.
Will the weather have any thing to do with creating the recession? Am I to old to take up and learn crocheting? Need something to spend my idle time on.
I would not consider crocheting..I have seen a few around here take some pretty good size cedar sticks/sharp knife and make toothpicks...

hurleyjd said:
Richnm said:
hurleyjd said:
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/u-steel-plans-lay-off-221654984.html

Also I can tell you the drilling activity for oil and gas is slowing. How can I tell In Mineola Texas there is a company that hauls sand. Their lot is full of the trailers you could not park another one in there . Good chance there are a 100plus.

Also all of the construction equipment dealers that buy and sell used construction have a lot of inventory. Both on the way to Tyler lots are stacked to the brim.
Car companies and equipment have a lot of inventory. And according to banker friend I know a lot of the car and truck owners are upside down in their vehicles.
On the China trade deal the Chinese holds the winning hand. Trump will never get out of the tariff deal without being embarrassed by it and backing down. Herbert Hoover had a lot of tariffs on other countries and a recession and depression followed. History can repeat itself.

Every time you trade a car/truck in, dealerships always say your "upside down". I can't believe you all want China to win the so called trade war. SC-10,000 bottom 100%
No I am not wanting China to win. Just that they have the upper hand in this trade deal. Hard not to face the facts. China not only trades with America but ever other country on the face of the earth.

The only hand they have is that we're divided .

Latest posts