Razor Strap

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
The barber shop topic got me thinkin about the ol razor strap. My dad used his for sharpenin his knives and for blisterin our hides. Nowadays ya don't hear too much about the razor strap bein used on the youngins. Is it still allowed? I'm thinkin about gettin one - heck maybe it'll help keep some order round here.

Someone uses a razor strap on one of mine, and they better have a good time of it.
It will be the last thing they experience. Cross my heart.

Red Bull Breeder":14jt8x5e said:
Seen more times that razor strop would have helped than hurt. Grandad tuned up all kinds of things with his.
they were kind of a cure all and teacher
they could cure laziness,smart mouths,backtalk,liars,and they could teach you respect, manners and how to do something when told
I think we should use them alot more than they have been used in the last 30 yrs

Most times it was enough to see the implied threat rather than the use to get things in order. At least it was for us. My uncle had one that my dad would threaten to borrow. After visiting with my cousins I decided my dad didn't need to ever borrow it on account of my actions.

Jalopy":2ahqrw8p said:
Most times it was enough to see the implied threat rather than the use to get things in order. At least it was for us. My uncle had one that my dad would threaten to borrow. After visiting with my cousins I decided my dad didn't need to ever borrow it on account of my actions.
it usually only took one or two times to leave a lasting impression

Angus Cowman":zc2h7tuu said:
Jalopy":zc2h7tuu said:
it usually only took one or two times to leave a lasting impression
When you look back and really think about it, the sound was a lot worse then the pain. The multiple layers slapping together when the slapped your butt did make a lasting impression. Almost as bad was when we had to go and get it then put it back afterwards.

Dad always threatened to go get a razor strop and use it on us, implied threat I guess. I don't know where he was gonna get one.
He just used a belt but threatened to get a razor strop which would be "worse".

The bad thing is I helped him plant a row of maple trees behind the house when I was real small. Little knowing the would be my Mom's first line of attack on my butt.
I'm real suprised those trees had any limbs left.

I'm pretty sure we were "abused" but the funny thing is, the three of us boys all have decent jobs, own our homes and farms. none of have ever been arrested or even came close.

angie":1lfs8pjh said:
Someone uses a razor strap on one of mine, and they better have a good time of it.
if you do it yourself somebody else wont have too..

alacattleman":35tn9vrh said:
angie":35tn9vrh said:

:clap: :cowboy: It's a great tool. Made a lot of the fellas on here the men they are today.

alacattleman":2ugy0fn3 said:
angie":2ugy0fn3 said:
I had a whole "blah blah blah..." planned in response to this, but have decided to keep it simple. This theory assumes that if you do not beat your kids, then you are not "disciplining" them. To discipline means to teach. I am a student of the school of Beat Your Kids, and am fully aware of the lessons that are taught there. I am surprised by the number of people who wouldn't think to hit their dog, but do not hesitate to beat their children ~ my father included. There are better motivators than belts, strops and switches. There are more meaningful ways to teach.