raw hamburger meat

Help Support CattleToday:

Liver prepared in any manner or not prepared is gross - I would only eat it if I were on deaths door and that liver was the solution to life.

Bez[/quote]

I agree with you. The only thing I've ever tasted that was worse than beef liver was chicken liver.

Rafter S":1ietatb3 said:
Liver prepared in any manner or not prepared is gross - I would only eat it if I were on deaths door and that liver was the solution to life.

Bez

I agree with you. The only thing I've ever tasted that was worse than beef liver was chicken liver.[/quote]

You've never had Rumaki?

Fresh, fresh is ok. This ain't hamburger, but Carpaccio is about as good as it gets.

carpaccio.jpg

Chicken liver from a gas station? I would think that is flirtin with disaster just like day old susi from a truck on the corner!! Buy the way I like beef,pork elk moose deer liver hate chicken.

I don't dare trying liver at a restaurant.. my mother makes liver very well though. We only eat liver from our own animals as well.
Steaks... 2 minutes a side will do for me... it should moo when I poke it
ground beef patties.. medium... the center nice and hot, but not cooked to death

Beef tongue is one of my favourite cuts of meat... we wish they had more than one of them.. again, must be done right
Sushi.. I don't get too exotic... Love anything with raw tuna.. salmon not so much.
Oysters, smoked in a can work well with pasta
Never tried prairie oysters, don't think I ever will either

Tried deep fried pickles when I was at the diner by Robbins (I think) AFB in Georgia.. not bad but not something I'd go out of my way for
Tried yougurt pretzles when I was in Chicago.. that's actually pretty good.

I like chicken hearts.. fried
Beef heart can be OK in a soup

I've had mountain lion.. very coarse meat but was pretty good
Bear ribs from a young bear that ate a lot of apples... best in the world!

That's all the somewhat odd food I can think of right now I've had

Nesikep,

I'll agree with you about beef tongue. I haven't had any in years, but it is good. I can eat oysters, but I'm not crazy about them. You referred to prairie oysters. I assume that's what we call "mountain oysters", and don't knock them until you've tried them. Fixed right they are very good. I don't know how to fix them, understand, but I have had some that were very good.

I can eat beef heart, but I can get along without it also.

I'd hate to say what's the oddest thing I've ever eaten. Probably either armadillo or nutria. They're both pretty good. Frog legs too.

I have eaten raw burger before. I was hungry and had no way to cook. Lots of raw oysters on the beach, raw clams too. Plenty of mountain oysters although never raw, but cooked on the dirt top of a branding iron oven. Salmon raw. When I worked on the salmon charter boats in high school we would bite off a herring head and eat it just to make the tourist sick. Sea cucumbers and some other real strange stuff off the bottom of the sound. Mountain lion, beaver, raccoon, muskrat, blue jay one time when I was a kid.

Dave, what did you think of the mountain lion? The one I had was roasted like a pig over a fire.

I have to say mountain lion or people get the wrong idea all the time...