Randall Cattle?

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboy13":3icrkzdg said:
Gale Seddon":3icrkzdg said:
They're a rare breed, on the "critical list" with the ALBC:

http://www.albc-usa.org/randall.htm

There's a gentleman who's posted here before who has some, but, for the life of me, I cannot recall his name...will probably shout it out at 3 AM or something.

What is the ALBC?

If you look at either of the links that havebeen attached you would get the information.

American Livestock Breeds Conservancy

dun

cowboy13":3qnvnocu said:
Thats what I thought. Knew they couldn't be very important.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would say that. Rare breeds…whether cows, sheep, goats, equine, or poultry…are a part of this country's agricultural heritage; they helped MAKE this nation -- as work animals on farms, as transportation, and as food! And Cowboy13, the livestock you raise and show owes its very existence to some of these heritage breeds and to summarily dismiss the importance of any breed, rare or otherwise, is sheer idiocy. I could go on, but I'll spare you the rhetoric.

Cowboy13, I suspect you are quite young and probably somewhat impatient, as most young people are, but please take the time to look at the links you were provided…you might learn something about why we should care about preserving these breeds. You may not find too many rare breeds in the show ring, but, thankfully, there's a resurgence of interest in raising and using these heritage breeds. Can't remember who said it, but "Extinct is forever."

(I also realize that Cowboy13 may not even read this, but I needed to say it.)

Gale Seddon":2fepzq12 said:
cowboy13":2fepzq12 said:
Thats what I thought. Knew they couldn't be very important.

I find it difficult to believe that anyone would say that. Rare breeds…whether cows, sheep, goats, equine, or poultry…are a part of this country's agricultural heritage; they helped MAKE this nation -- as work animals on farms, as transportation, and as food! And Cowboy13, the livestock you raise and show owes its very existence to some of these heritage breeds and to summarily dismiss the importance of any breed, rare or otherwise, is sheer idiocy. I could go on, but I'll spare you the rhetoric.

Cowboy13, I suspect you are quite young and probably somewhat impatient, as most young people are, but please take the time to look at the links you were provided…you might learn something about why we should care about preserving these breeds. You may not find too many rare breeds in the show ring, but, thankfully, there's a resurgence of interest in raising and using these heritage breeds. Can't remember who said it, but "Extinct is forever."

(I also realize that Cowboy13 may not even read this, but I needed to say it.)

Very well said

dun

Maybe Cowboy13 was saying that in regards to TxStateCowboys comment. I smiled when I read it. Sometimes you just feel better when you crack a joke. :lol:

Latest posts