Ranching home work help

Help Support CattleToday:

Reaction score
I have to give a report on ranching during the last ten years. Any info would help. I have to talk about any problems like drought, BSE, and prices, and the life style

Oregonbuckaroo, I have not had homework in thirty years. But, with the computer, I would say you coulf find most anything you wanted to. I typed "cattle ranching ten years ago" in Google and got a lot of articles that you might check into.

This ..net is amazing..isn't it! Like the whole world of information and records are available at the push of a button. I can remember..many times...in college..spending hours and hours in a library trying to find a reference.

Preston, I used to make fun of people that said they spent a few hours on a computer. Now I am having to eat crow. I had no idea how much information could be found here. The time that was spent going through the books with limited info is a thing of the past. I use this computer for anything I have a question about. Imagine how things would have been 50 years ago if Grandad had this kind of information.

preston,
when i was in college i only went to the library once, and that was because i had a final in there. nowadays you can even tap into the library from your home computer.

I can help you with your report...
make it short and sweet....................

Cattle Ranching, yesterday and today.

Those that chose to produce cattle are risk takers, they are willing to gamble against odds that would make a Vegas high roller run and hide.

Ranchers go through boom and bust periods, mostly near bust. Not because they won't work,or are poor businessmen, but due to forces outside the control of that rancher, such as weather, politics, the latest fad diets, etc. They usually wake up each day hoping for better , but also expecting worse.

But ask almost any rancher or other cattle producer if they would trade it for anything else, and I suspect you know the answer.

If you have to measure a rancher against most other people you meet on the street, you will find that they are some of the hardest working, humble,sincere, dedicated and honest people you are ever likely to find.
I would much sooner invite a rancher into my home that I did not know, then I would a lawyer, a preacher,or CEO of a major company for that matter.

That is the short of it..........ten years ago, today, and likely ten years from now............ :cboy:

Medic, he needs to add the part you contributed to his report, and use footnotes when he quotes you. That way, if someone wanted you to speak at their convention, they know where you be staying at. Wonder if Oregon is gonna let us know what kind of grade we got on our report?

Thanks. I figurd since most of you here are cattle ranchers, You may have your own issues about ranching like new laws or droughts and things like that. Thank you medic. I will post what my grade is. my report must be at least 10min and have a some item to help teach it. I am planning to bring in a saddle and a rope.

Latest posts