Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Caustic Burno

Reaction score
It is coming down in bucket's here got 1 1/2 inches on Easter and they are predicting 2.5 out of this.
If it keep's raining the way it is now they are going to miss. I have got an inch in the last hour and it is supposed to do this for two day's.

Caustic Burno":358m8zdq said:
It is coming down in bucket's here got 1 1/2 inches on Easter and they are predicting 2.5 out of this.
If it keep's raining the way it is now they are going to miss. I have got an inch in the last hour and it is supposed to do this for two day's.
And I'll take every bit of it. Seems like its been 3 years or so since I can remember a system lingering like this one.

Yea I got over here today and never turned off the windshield wipers untill j got here! Dry as a bone! Unbelievable! Finally it started to drizzle about 8pm and now it's raining pretty good and some thunder and lightning to boot! Praise the Lord the roof is finally leaking....:)

CB,. Isnt that great? I am enjoying every bit of this stuff. We got 3.5 inches on the 31st, and a little over 1 inch yesterday. Ponds still arent full, but getting close.

Please don't say the "R" word to loudly. We have had 6 days of nice weather. My mud is begining to turn into dirt again. On Sunday I actually almost get a sunburn!!!!! It has been great. My sinus are clearing up, the moss on my back seems to be dieing off, and the webbing between my toes is shrinking. So please no mention of the "R" word.

I used to say that mud was one of my least favorite things.. but you fellers go through what we have around here, and out west and south, you will finally come to the conclusion that mud is better than the alternative ANYTIME.

Dave":ih9tv9vc said:
Please don't say the "R" word to loudly. We have had 6 days of nice weather. My mud is begining to turn into dirt again. On Sunday I actually almost get a sunburn!!!!! It has been great. My sinus are clearing up, the moss on my back seems to be dieing off, and the webbing between my toes is shrinking. So please no mention of the "R" word.

Yep--I made a post in grass/pastures board about my area being back in "severe drought", and it's rained every day since.
The garden is afloat and the new solar powered light I put up a the pond hasn't seen a single ray of sunshine on the solar collector.
But pond is back at capacity and everything is green.

Limomike":wkufyheq said:
CB,. Isnt that great? I am enjoying every bit of this stuff. We got 3.5 inches on the 31st, and a little over 1 inch yesterday. Ponds still arent full, but getting close.

I would rather fight to much rain versus not enough.
Let it rain.

We didn't get more than a couple tenths. :( Went to be with a storm headed right for us. Hail all kinds of stuff. Put the truck in the garage. Woke up this morning and its barely damp.

Atascosa and McMullen county looks like they got some decent rain. Water standing in spots. They needed it bad.

We need to be planting corn and the wheat needs to dry out real bad, it's already hurt some and going to hurt a lot soon. The thing here is our real rainy springs are followed by drought and since it has rained so much and put everything behind then the drought is even worse.

See someone mentioned the "R" word and it started again this morning. I guess seven dry days in a row would have been too much to ask for.

Latest posts