Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Frankie

Reaction score
It's pouring down. We have had such a strange summer: very few 100 degree days and lots of rain. We had almost an inch on August 1. We seldom have rain in August at all. We usually hold our breath from July to Sept, hoping for fall rains, and now it's coming down again.

I'm sympathetic to those who need rain and hope you get it soon. But I'm sooooo pleased to have good rain this year.:D

Frankie":32yxswyc said:
I'm sympathetic to those who need rain and hope you get it soon. But I'm sooooo pleased to have good rain this year.:D

I'm happy for you. Wish we could say the same.

we finally got all our hay baled without getting it wet.its been 3wks since weve had any rain.says we have a chance of rain for the next 7 days.

Frankie":1jrkomuk said:
It's pouring down. We have had such a strange summer: very few 100 degree days and lots of rain. We had almost an inch on August 1. We seldom have rain in August at all. We usually hold our breath from July to Sept, hoping for fall rains, and now it's coming down again.

We normally get a lot of rain and this year has been exceptional wet. I only remember one week without rain.
We normall get 60 inches a year we have busted that already in August.

Oh Frankie don't tell me that. We really need the rain up here. They keep forcasting, but nothing yet.

Glad you guys are getting it though.

We got 7+ inches between about 8pm sat night and
5am sunday morning. Beaver Creek is out and the
water is higher than we have ever seen it on our
bottom land hay field. Our driveway is under water and
we are temporarily marooned at home--so I made a
cherry pie. We could have used a couple of inches, but
this flood will set us back time-wise getting in our winter
pasture.(There was also a funnel cloud reported
about a mile from our house)

We had a great 4 hour light show friday evening, knocked out the antennae till this afternoon. Direct hit and it exploded, fun stuff. Late that night we got 1/2 inch. First measuerable since the 7th of July. Didn;t even settle the dut for more then a couple of hours.

I luv herfrds":tv3jhuhj said:
Oh Frankie don't tell me that. We really need the rain up here. They keep forcasting, but nothing yet.

Glad you guys are getting it though.

I'm sorry for your drought. There are places in Oklahoma that would be glad to give you some of their flood water today. Oklahoma flooding even made CNN news off and on all day today.

Last year was a disaster around here because it didn't rain. This year has been wonderful. Who knows what next year will bring? Hang in there. As they say" It'll rain; always has."

HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY!!!!! RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Thunderstorm rolled through around 5pm, no fires here, but alot west of us. Terrible wind hit town and took down branches and power lines. Headed for home and there was standing water in the road. :D
Got half way home and the moisture had peedered out, but got hit with another cell about 6pm. Right now it is falling a nice light rain. :D :D :D :D :D

We've now caught up with the shortfall from last month and are getting a running start on catching up for this month. It's not raining all that hard but it's cranking up a quarter inch about every 15 minutes. The serious rain is still west of us and headed this way.

Latest posts