Rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Yep... plenty dry here too. 90's for the past week, with two days pushing 100. Kinda rough for pre-Memorial day weather! But then.. y'all know how it is in TEXAS.

I feel a hot dry summer comin' on :cboy:

The weather man said there's a 30% chance of rain on Sat. and Sun. We need it here too, my pastures are turning brown. There are cracks in the hayfield you could break you foot in if you weren't careful.

Forgot to add that yesterday it was 36 degrees with a cold wind.
I thought it was going to snow.

Everyone was bundled up just like they were in February up here.

With the past 5 days of wind, & cold the grass has stopped growing.

Will have to push the cows into a pasture they usually dont use until the end of June to tie them over until the sun comes out.

There is a rumor that the sun may shine on Sunday.
Its JUST a rumor right now. ;-)

Here in IL, at least where I'm at we seem to be in a mid summer pattern. Storms seem to go around us and if one hits the amounts are small and varied. One end of a field might get 3/4 of an inch and the other end a tenth.

Howdy,
Last week the pastures were getted stunted. But with the last 7 days of rain and soaking weather, the fields have come on strong here. The fields are all around the top of the three board fence (approx 54") I am going to bushog a few pastures due to the growth and height now. I got my corn in on 5/13/05 and the next day the rains started. All the corn is popped out 2 inches now and climbing.

I wish you some wet weather. and not a sudden downpour. I know that area and nothing would be better than a nice 24 hour soaker, not 2 inches in 30 minutes.

Latest posts