Rain sweet rain

Help Support CattleToday:

Last measurable rainfall that was worth a darn was 2 months ago. But we've been waay behind the average for last 2 years. 2.2" tonight and still raining!

Over here it hasn't so bad. Many have predicted an extension to last years bad drought but, so far, we are getting some rain when we need it. People have got their first cutting and it's looking like they will get a second now. Even the new spriggs planted are starting to come up. No one is taking anything for granted though as they are hoarding their hay , just in case.

3waycross":2y79vpxm said:
We just got 1.58 in in the last 10 days. Doubled our precip for the year.
Didnt realize you were in such a dry area.
Must be your elevation.

I got 3.5 inches Friday and Saturday .. I'm gonna cut hay Thursday . The coastal is above my knee and so thick you can't find the ground .I think I heard the weather man say we are at about 60% of our average for the year . And 300% above last year . Hopefully everyone gets a little rain .

3.22 inches for today. And still drizzling.
This will go a long way to getting us back up to norms

hooknline":1py4lx86 said:

Hook, your getting an inch an hour. If it keeps that up you might need a boat by the morning.

LRTX1":1f9234ny said:
hooknline":1f9234ny said:

Hook, your getting an inch an hour. If it keeps that up you might need a boat by the morning.
On this sand ridge it all drains away. Best rain is the all day rains. But I will take what I can get.

Reminds me of that old conversation:

Visitor: "Get much rain out here?"

Old Rancher: "Oh, we got about 20 inches last year."

Visitor: "Wow, that's not very much!"

Old Rancher: "Yeah, but you shoulda been here the day we got it!"

Hook we got 1 1/2 in the last few days, over 9" for the year now. JS my coastal is ankle deep, and I hope to get a cutting next month.

We ended with over 3" last night and it's starting again now. I hope some of the grass sees I put down back in march didn't germinate with the little bit of moisture we did get.
Time will tell I guess

Latest posts