R.A. Brown Ranch

Help Support CattleToday:

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
There's an interesting article in this month's Smithsonian regarding R.A. Brown ranch, Donnell Brown, the Revelation bull and beef production in general.

It was refreshing to read a well written, well thought out article relating to beef production in a positive light. And written in such a fashion that any non-cattle person can understand, yet interesting enough for experienced cattle folks.

At this point I have read most of the paragraphs of the article. A good read.

What was written about the marketing of black Angus was (in my opinion) educational for those who are not cattle people. (No, I am not slamming black Angus or CAB.)

Katherine

pdfangus

Reaction score
excellent article.

while I am not in that league, I sent a link to it to all my non farm friends to give them some understanding of what a cattlemans life is about.

I guess I am more like Jeff than I ever was like Donnell.

alacattleman

Reaction score
pdfangus":1pm9uj2g said:
excellent article.

while I am not in that league, I sent a link to it to all my non farm friends to give them some understanding of what a cattlemans life is about.

I guess I am more like Jeff than I ever was like Donnell.
i guess im more like donnell,, with decades of tinkering under my belt :cowboy:

pdfangus

Reaction score
I have over 35 years of angus tinkering under my belt but at the end of it all I am still just a beat up and worn out old cow boy and my" Revelation "never came along.

Now with just a few cows, it is less likely to ever happen.

BRG

Reaction score
Great article!!! It is even more fun to have seen the Abigrace cow in person and direct sons of the bull. Good outfit.

OP
W

Workinonit Farm

Reaction score
Frankie, thanks for posting the link. I have the luxury of having the 'hard copy' and wasn't too sure (being tired at the time) how to go about getting a link to that specific article.

I thought other folks might enjoy it as much as I did.

Katherine

Frankie

Reaction score
Workinonit Farm":3qn43s8o said:
Frankie, thanks for posting the link. I have the luxury of having the 'hard copy' and wasn't too sure (being tired at the time) how to go about getting a link to that specific article.

I thought other folks might enjoy it as much as I did.

Katherine

You're welcome. Thank you for the heads up about the article. I wanted to read it and figured some others would, too. Not everything is available on the net, but it never hurts to search. :)