R.A. Brown Ranch sale catalog online

Help Support CattleToday:

ollie

Reaction score
R.A. Brown Ranches sale is Wed. Oct. the 12. Should be a good one. Lots of cattle and honest trustworthy people. If you are going to take one home with you you better raise your hand. They have lots of cattle to sell that day. I think it will be a fast paced sale.

http://www.rabrownranch.com/catalog_05_sale.htm

ollie":3m0c5vdw said:
R.A. Brown Ranches sale is Wed. Oct. the 12. Should be a good one. Lots of cattle and honest trustworthy people. If you are going to take one home with you you better raise your hand. They have lots of cattle to sell that day. I think it will be a fast paced sale.

Dang right. Some, not all are consigned. Check out the ones from Evens Farms. This is not to say Donnel doesn't have great cattle.

Scotty

ollie":331s002o said:

You going to be at the sale?

Frankie":10ar0evo said:
ollie":10ar0evo said:

You going to be at the sale?
If I go Frankie, yours and your husbands lunch is on me! :D

Hey....if you go....all of your lunches are on me! :lol: Honestly, we'd love for all of you to mosey our way that day. And...if you get here the night before, I'll buy dinner also!

KB":1sh139j0 said:
Hey....if you go....all of your lunches are on me! :lol: Honestly, we'd love for all of you to mosey our way that day. And...if you get here the night before, I'll buy dinner also!
That was my point Kelly. :D What are we having for lunch ?

Let's see.....on Tuesday evening the West TX Rehab chuckwagon will be serving BBQ....brisket, sausage, beans, cobbler, etc. Then on Wednesday lunch....the Walco Animal Health boys will be cooking up homegrown hamburgers with all the fixin's. They all do a great job and we are most thankful for their help!

Good luck Kelly. The catalog is very tempting. The food alone sounds like it is worth a trip to Texas. Might just see you there.

hey ollie since your going to that sale better take your check book.im betting the cattle will sale higher than catsback.scott

bigbull338":29nmldhn said:
hey ollie since your going to that sale better take your check book.im betting the cattle will sale higher than catsback.scott
They better bring good money Scott. The RAB is progressive and in the forefront of several breeds. They have all the data to back up their stock anyone could ask for. If theirs don't sell well it doesn't bode too well for the beef business.

right ollie theyve been f1 seedstock producers for over 50yrs.an they keep tight records on their stock.scott

bigbull338":18lbqp8j said:
right ollie theyve been f1 seedstock producers for over 50yrs.an they keep tight records on their stock.scott

Is RA Brown now the largest seedstock producer in the US?

Ollie, thank you for the lunch offer. :roll: If I get down there, I'll look you up.

seems like i heard where they had 12.000 momma cows in their breeding herd.but i could be wrong.scott

Estimated Sale time on the Red Angus females is from about 4:30pm - 5:50pm. Remember though, that's just a guesstimate based on our history. It could be a little earlier or later depending on how the lots in front of them get through the ring.

Hope this helps. You will also be able to look at those females during the earlier part of the day as we're selling the bulls.

2:57 A.M. with a sale tomorrow???Tisk ,Tisk ,Tisk. You'll sure be cranky about thursday evening. :D

no kidding.....it's a marathon. And most think that it's just hectic on sale day.....hehe

Well the food and the company were good. I only looked at the Red Angus bulls so I can only report from that perspective. Bidding was lively as Kyle Gilchrist was burning up the mic. tripping the breaker at least once. Lot 280 started things off right at $12,000 but lot 282 stole the show with the winning bid going to ABS for $20,000. He has the look of a herd bull and the numbers to back it up. There where several other top end bulls ranging from $6,000 to $8,500. $4,250 seemed to be the magic number for many of the middle ground bulls as they ranged from $4,000 to $6,000. I didn't stay for all of the RA bulls as I had already seen what I wanted to see so I don't know what the bottom range was.

There weren't many Cheyenne's at the sale but I liked what I saw of them. The Vacation sons tend to have the King Rob look to them which I like. The few Major League sons that were there had big ol' square butts, length, width, and adequate depth.

Tod Dague":1zs6exuz said:
Well the food and the company were good. I only looked at the Red Angus bulls so I can only report from that perspective. Bidding was lively as Kyle Gilchrist was burning up the mic. tripping the breaker at least once. Lot 280 started things off right at $12,000 but lot 282 stole the show with the winning bid going to ABS for $20,000. He has the look of a herd bull and the numbers to back it up. There where several other top end bulls ranging from $6,000 to $8,500. $4,250 seemed to be the magic number for many of the middle ground bulls as they ranged from $4,000 to $6,000. I didn't stay for all of the RA bulls as I had already seen what I wanted to see so I don't know what the bottom range was.

There weren't many Cheyenne's at the sale but I liked what I saw of them. The Vacation sons tend to have the King Rob look to them which I like. The few Major League sons that were there had big ol' square butts, length, width, and adequate depth.

What does ABS do with the bulls they buy? Do they have a farm somewhere? or is there only half ownership?

Latest posts