Question

Help Support CattleToday:

cowboybeef

Reaction score
ok well I want to buy my calf for next years fair this year i want to buy her this summer (june,july,august,september) for the show in june of 2008 what weight should i buy her at or should i wait till next year also i might want to do a dairy heifer what age do u start to milk her i want to show her in same show which one would be better to start to raise this summer what weight should she be going into the show

cowboybeef":22z2y9yl said:
ok well I want to buy my calf for next years fair this year i want to buy her this summer (june,july,august,september) for the show in june of 2008 what weight should i buy her at or should i wait till next year also i might want to do a dairy heifer what age do u start to milk her i want to show her in same show which one would be better to start to raise this summer what weight should she be going into the show

I would be looking for a Jan-March steer if I bought him in September for a June show i would probably be looking for around a 600-700 lb steer in September for your June show. I never really paid a lot of attention to there exact weight but I would think that would be close.

Lot depends on breed and frame size. My info is based on a cross steer like we generally show.

Latest posts