Hair Question

Help Support CattleToday:

Lomac

Reaction score
I have read all teh threads on here about the vinegar/conditioner fogging/spraying. I guess Im not understanding something. I know to fix 50/50 or maybe a lil less conditioner. I understand to fog it on dry animal. Does this get washed out the next morning/day or do you just keep apply every day? If someone could just explain to me a schedule. do i wash, blow dry apply vinegar/conditioner fog let dry and start over the next day? Thanks again for any help

You should rinse every day, wash with soap (we used the store brand of head and shoulders) once a week. As far as the vinegar to conditioner, I do not know the mix. We used Sheen from Sullivan's daily, and poured conditioner on them twice a week.
We would put a quarter sized dollop of conditioner in a 5 gallon bucket, fill with water, dip the tail in the bucket and then pour the rest over the top of the calf right after rinsing, while they are still wet, then work the hair and blow them out.

Be careful with the vinegar. It can change the hair color on some animals. Women use it to lighten their hair.

We never fogged with vinegar. We did just as VCC stated, did a vinegar/conditioner rinse maybe every three days. A dollop of conditioner, a cup of vinegar, and the rest of the bucket (usually the small ones, about 3 gallons) filled with water. Dip the tail, then pour the rest over the back from ear to rear. Brush in, then blow dry. Keeps the gunk from building up on the hair, helps with flies, and keeps the hair with a nice pop.