Question about Dodge Ram 1500

Help Support CattleToday:

Fred

Reaction score
I was looking at a used 2002, 3.7 liter with a 5 speed. Do any of you have any comments good or bad about this model?

Don't know about the 3.7 but I have an old 88 model 3.9 dodge Dakota 4WD that I retired to the farm work. It has 240000 on the odometer.I have used it to pull some awfull big loads. Probably too big. Like a 26 ft travle trailer with a 4wheeler on the truck. Of course in this part of texas there no steep hills. As far as the transmission it's still perfect, but engine is a little weak now and it uses about a quart of oil to 1000 mi. Since I use a dodge 1ton dually for pulling and hauling, I'm looking to buy another Dakota for personal use. After all if I can get 240000 mi with no major repair why not?

Cal

I won't be needing it for towing. I was wondering about the reliability of them. I have never owned a Dodge truck.

Are they putting the diesel in the 1500's?
I always thought that dodges were work horse trucks.
Kinda like the Mack truck version of pick-up trucks.
Never owned one though.

Nope they dont put the Cummin's in the 1500 only the 2500 and larger...If you can get a good deal or at least what you think is a good deal , Buy the stinkin thing..As long as it will do what you want .
TTCLM is right about the Cummin's though , they run almost forever and will pull a frieght train. If ya want to go fast get one with a Hemi , but you will need to have plenty of gas cards handy.

Latest posts