q for Flaboy+

Help Support CattleToday:

cowgirl580

Reaction score
what in the world have you been telling the floridians :?: they are everywhere. take them back. PUUHHHHLLLLEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEE:!:

ill bet you will have a time trying to pawn them back on Flaboy he has been working too hard to get rid of them good luck with your new neighbors your gonna need it :cboy:

cowgirl580":3opvnc4z said:
what in the world have you been telling the floridians :?: they are everywhere. take them back. PUUHHHHLLLLEEEEEZZZZZEEEEEE:!:

Ah ha! So my madness is working. Something about that big sign board I had put up on I-95 with the picture of Bubba holding the 50 caliber rifle with the caption "Snow bird season is open". Then in small print at the bottom it says, "snow bird hunting is illegal in CO, TENN, MO, WY, and CA.

So, it sounds like to me not only do we have a Frustrated Floridian, we may very well now have a Frustrated Coloradoan now. Now you see where I am coming from? Just wait until they start telling you how to raise your stock or that your hay causes colic to their horses. :lol:

I wondered what was going on. I have never heard anyone say they were from Florida the whole time I've lived here, then suddenly the last few days I've heard it several times! Thanks a lot, Flaboy! :roll: :p

msscamp":10niw1bn said:
I wondered what was going on. I have never heard anyone say they were from Florida the whole time I've lived here, then suddenly the last few days I've heard it several times! Thanks a lot, Flaboy! :roll: :p

If they say they're from Florida they're probably pretty good folks. The nasty ones live here and won't get away from us but they all call Jersey or New York home.

I'm sure they are nice folks, D.R. They just really picked the wrong time of year to visit! I think it got all of 1 (maybe 3) degrees above freezing today! :(

msscamp":1xfin3cq said:
I'm sure they are nice folks, D.R. They just really picked the wrong time of year to visit! I think it got all of 1 (maybe 3) degrees above freezing today! :(

No REAL Floridain would go where it gets below 50 deg. Must be transplants that moved to Fl and then missed the cold.

flaboy+":cvebm2uf said:
msscamp":cvebm2uf said:

No REAL Floridain would go where it gets below 50 deg. Must be transplants that moved to Fl and then missed the cold.
We are seeing a lot of transplants from Fla. and California. One of my friends had some folks move from FL. next to his place, they lasted 3 months, the guys wife was afraid of things that live in the grass, place is for sale CHEAP. :shock: He said they'll take a 30 thousand beating. She wants out.

Crowderfarms":2zcqzirv said:
flaboy+":2zcqzirv said:
msscamp":2zcqzirv said:

We are seeing a lot of transplants from Fla. and California. One of my friends had some folks move from FL. next to his place, they lasted 3 months, the guys wife was afraid of things that live in the grass, place is for sale CHEAP. :shock: He said they'll take a 30 thousand beating. She wants out.

Yeah, a friend of mine (yeah, I have a couple) stopped by yesterday and said he is thinking about buying a couple acres in Tenn. He said he wanted to move up there when he retires in a few years. He asked (get this) if he could bring a camper down to my place in the winter. I said sure $500/month. He about choked. I said well if you can afford a summer house you can afford a winter parking spot. Seems many of the real Floridians are looking to move after they retire. I know several from here that bought and moved to NC. There is a whole town of them up there that used to work here. Of course they are the go out to eat breakfast, go play a little golf, and then go out to dinner types. They couldn't make it my world.

Well the first thing I'll Guarantold you, will be when your buddy moves to TN on that couple acres will be sign that reads So and So Ranch.

Crowderfarms":ievmb9k7 said:
Well the first thing I'll Guarantold you, will be when your buddy moves to TN on that couple acres will be sign that reads So and So Ranch.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Flaboy! Went down your way over the weekend. Lots of cops out along 70. They looking for some guy poaching snowbirds???? ;-)

myakka145":2myge75b said:
Hey Flaboy! Went down your way over the weekend. Lots of cops out along 70. They looking for some guy poaching snowbirds???? ;-)

Poaching?? In Fl it's legal to take nuisance critters year round. In other words they are not protected.

Ha! Got everyone fooled. I am not in South Fl. Now none of the snowbirds will be able to find my place. :lol:

flaboy+":1d9msm7i said:
myakka145":1d9msm7i said:

Poaching?? In Fl it's legal to take nuisance critters year round. In other words they are not protected.

Ha! Got everyone fooled. I am not in South Fl. Now none of the snowbirds will be able to find my place. :lol:

We've actually detoured them from all directions to Crowder's place. :lol: ;-) :lol:

Just_a_girl":b3tzyvi7 said:
flaboy+":b3tzyvi7 said:
myakka145":b3tzyvi7 said:

We've actually detoured them from all directions to Crowder's place. :lol: ;-) :lol:
Crowderville has a STRICT set of rules for addmittance.

We'll Thanks alot ya'll.Down Here in S.E. New Mexico we got em.They like our "no winter".Doesn't snow much and only freezes at night here.that's not an all winter thing.They move there RV's here and buy a little spot and grip and moan about all the animals and farms around.(the smell they say)Oh can't forget the always" Do You know any aliens"

i'm not sure why they're hanging round here, either. it's cold, finally started to snow, well sorta started to snow. between florida, california, utah, oklahoma and wyoming we are being over run. oh yeah, texas too. course, it is hunting season.

Not a problem up here....where do y'all think that they are comming from. Of course ours go to AZ and NV and are the folks that don't complain about the smell of money.
DMc

Susie David":vsu6a9yb said:
Not a problem up here....where do y'all think that they are comming from. Of course ours go to AZ and NV and are the folks that don't complain about the smell of money.
DMc

gives me a grand :idea:. i'll let 'em know there's some cheap land for sale up in your area. i'll even tell them it was recommended by a local from up there. ;-) sound good to you? lol.

NM CowBelle":1adhk9te said:
They move there RV's here and buy a little spot and grip and moan about all the animals and farms around.(the smell they say)"

I hear the complaints from the people I work with that live in the city. They have sold their homes in the city to move to a smaller town....that is now no different from where they came from because they wanted expanded highways, and roads, malls, shopping centers hotels, motels, loads of restaurants, golf courses, small airports, and a couple of large size hospitals. They complain about all the wild animals and the smell coming from cattle grazing on what little land is left. They know I live in the country and they always ask me how I put up with the smell and the bugs. I don't smell anything and I'm not afraid of bugs, but I paint a horrible picture in hopes that they won't come here. :lol: And then I always walk off mumbling something about liking the wild animals better. :lol:
They tease me about being from the country....I just smile ;-)

Latest posts