Putting up hay and concrete

Help Support CattleToday:

A

Anonymous

We're getting concrete poured in the barn Thursday. How soon after do you think I will be able to put hay in it and should i put it on pallets or put plastic down? I would think it would wick moisture early on

Pallets, once it's cured and you can drive on it that hsould be plenty long enough to wait.

Not new but not old. Existing barn. Footers, formed to the outside of the posts so I can secure the posts to the slab the right way. Just another halfway finished project that its time to work on again

hooknline":1lqbaqf0 said:
Not new but not old. Existing barn. Footers, formed to the outside of the posts so I can secure the posts to the slab the right way. Just another halfway finished project that its time to work on again

I have over a dozen halfway finished projects if you walk around my place you can see them lol.. not enough hours in a day.

I'm going to store a couple of thousand small squares of bermuda this year here at the house for later sale (Jan-Feb timeframe). My sheds now have concrete floors. While totally cured, something about putting bales directly in contact with the concrete is unappealing. I'm using pallets because I like the idea of air movement around the bales.

Maybe plastic AND pallets......plastic to keep moisture on the concrete for a good cure. Put it on as soon as the concrete is finished and you can walk on it...http://www.nrmca.org/aboutconcrete/cips/11p.pdf

Pallets if you want the air to flow under the bales. I suppose with "fresh" concrete and fresh baled hay you could get have some moisture issues on both sides of the plastic.

Latest posts