pure white murry gray ???

Help Support CattleToday:

casperthecow

Reaction score
hey guys
the other day i walked out into my cow yard and noticed one of my heffers has delivered a white calf there murry gray cows the calf has pink skin and a black nose ive been told that its a rare calf and that i should hold on to her is this true ????
[

Not aware of any novelty interest in such a calf.
I don't think pink skin would be a breeding protocol for anyone.
But who knows? :welcome:

can u give me ur email address so i can send u a photo of "casper" i dont know how to upload one on here

i dont see the pink you were talking about...As far as the breed i am not even familiar with the breed (but guessing they are gray). What color are his eyes? that should tell you if it is albino?

I'd like to see her.
Certainly, if you continually breed silver murray greys with silver murray greys, the pigment gets lighter and lighter and yes, you can get some calves that are pretty well white. You really should cross your silver cows to dark grey/chocolate bulls to keep that pigment dark.

I wouldn't say she's rare, and I also wouldnt say keep her. She will have issues with sunburn due to her pink skin. Dark skin is always preferable.

I too would like to see a pic :)

casperthecow":21f70vib said:
hey guys
the other day i walked out into my cow yard and noticed one of my heffers has delivered a white calf there murry gray cows the calf has pink skin and a black nose ive been told that its a rare calf and that i should hold on to her is this true ????
[

I've seen a lot of white Murray Grey calves/cattle with black noses, but none of them had pink skin that I recall. I can't help you with the rare part, but I don't think I would be holding onto her because of the sunburn/skin cancer issues.

Latest posts