publix

Help Support CattleToday:

We used to dress 600 a day in the slaughter house---Nothing like dressing a couple of fryers and take them home---salt and pepper and put in a glass bowl covered with saran wrap and put in the fridge---Next night fry in Crisco and lick your fingers through the whole meal---In my day, a 3lb fryer was big---Look at the da** fryers now !! Nothing like good fried chicken !! :banana:

alacattleman":31qfz3ur said:
thats the point, the dam bird aint gonna get any deader,, does the populous sleep better knowing this bird was treated kindly during its numbered days... just glad they weren't around too see my vicious grandmaw run out in the yard and ring ones neck for supper........... dam her :cowboy:
:lol2: :nod: :clap: :lol2: :lol2: :nod: :clap: I love this place!!!!! Don't matter what kind of foul mood I might find myself in, all I need to do is come to Cattle Today and get a giggle! Thanks guys. :pretty:

I actually raise chickens for Publix. It always tickles me when the animal rights bozos want to tell me how horrible chicken farms and chicken farmers are. There is no one with more interest in the health and welfare of my birds than me. My bottom line depends on taking really good care of all my livestock. The company regularly coaches us on "humane euthanasia" for the culls. They still end up dead.

Crackerplease":2cfsqssc said:
I actually raise chickens for Publix. It always tickles me when the animal rights bozos want to tell me how horrible chicken farms and chicken farmers are. There is no one with more interest in the health and welfare of my birds than me. My bottom line depends on taking really good care of all my livestock. The company regularly coaches us on "humane euthanasia" for the culls. They still end up dead.
and on a plate some way or another... :lol:

Crackerplease":tkrdlequ said:
thats it the part that don't sink in, their life is doomed from the time they bust up out the shell.... these folk are no better then anyone else, the end result is the same on the table.

alacattleman":3gticni6 said:
Crackerplease":3gticni6 said:
thats it the part that don't sink in, their life is doomed from the time they bust up out the shell.... these folk are no better then anyone else, the end result is the same on the table.
It's easy to get...It's money making.... peoples gullibility, they are Townies and no no better, and think the little chic is loved and the chicken has a life running about in the fields with Snow White and the gang then dies of natural causes while running and jumping about in the clover with his mates singing all those Disney songs, then why waste it's carcass, so sell him and eat him as his life wouldn't be wasted. There easy..... :help: (Their coming to take me away ha ha hee hee, the men in white coats will be here soon :lol2: )bye

alacattleman":2rtap7lf said:
john250":2rtap7lf said:
When your belly is full, you have many problems. (i.e. how was this chicken killed, how did it live before it was killed, was it raised by a greedy evil corporation or a loveable farmer, etc)
When you are hungry, you have only one problem.
what about natural causes. that should be PC.. say you rent a warehouse in down town atlanta right off I20 put a little walk way leadin' the the 8 lanes,, nooooooo way in he1# its making it too the other side... only problem i aint worked out is getting em back.. im thinking of hiring mexicans to run fetch em might be able to knock a dent in the illigal problem too :cowboy:
Tie a long string on them and just pull them back.

Crackerplease":150xph1f said:

Crackerplease.... I believe in humane euthanasia for all of them. 'Specially when they end up on my grill.

All of those good intentions will change when the sheeple start getting hungry.

grannysoo":irq55rnn said:
Crackerplease":irq55rnn said:

Crackerplease.... I believe in humane euthanasia for all of them. 'Specially when they end up on my grill.

All of those good intentions will change when the sheeple start getting hungry.

There was a segment on NPR (National Public Radio) this morning about chicken farmers. There were two main subjects if I heard it all. The buildings and upgrades are astronomical and pressured by the main companies, and the other was Ethanol put the squeeze on feed. About a year ago or three, did anyone notice the number of chicken house farms for sale?

Ryder":1nr42k1e said:
alacattleman":1nr42k1e said:
john250":1nr42k1e said:
When your belly is full, you have many problems. (i.e. how was this chicken killed, how did it live before it was killed, was it raised by a greedy evil corporation or a loveable farmer, etc)
When you are hungry, you have only one problem.
what about natural causes. that should be PC.. say you rent a warehouse in down town atlanta right off I20 put a little walk way leadin' the the 8 lanes,, nooooooo way in he1# its making it too the other side... only problem i aint worked out is getting em back.. im thinking of hiring mexicans to run fetch em might be able to knock a dent in the illigal problem too :cowboy:
Tie a long string on them and just pull them back.
yep that'll work,, :cowboy:

I had a city living sister-in-law giving me a hard time over shooting deer. I pointed out that she eats meat. She said yes, but it is raised for food. So killing that chicken who doesn't have a snow balls chance of living to see 8 weeks is OK but killing a deer that could live out its life if it gets lucky is bad? At least the deer had a chance.

Ryder":w6fbq6vz said:
alacattleman":w6fbq6vz said:
we should join forces like this brave group of heros,, and picket the chicken growers come on!! who's with me :cowboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhueLb47Q
Give me a snort of that mooonshine and I'll help picket.
After that I think we should go after those people that murder grass to make hay.
Good grief ( ;-) ) those people are out there, they reproduce and they vote! Scary very scary.

CKC1586":23cpj6u8 said:
Ryder":23cpj6u8 said:
alacattleman":23cpj6u8 said:
we should join forces like this brave group of heros,, and picket the chicken growers come on!! who's with me :cowboy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLzhueLb47Q
After that I think we should go after those people that murder grass to make hay.
Good grief ( ;-) ) those people are out there, they reproduce and they vote! Scary very scary.
Likely, they don't have anything else to do.

Ryder":gxjtx98x said:
alacattleman":gxjtx98x said:
couple of crying drunks ought too make em see the error of their ways
:cowboy:

I used to work at a Fitness Spa during summers when I was in college. We had a lot of overweight city folks that visited McDonald's far too often. Some use to gripe about hunting, how they hated it when they would see a deer. One saw a vehicle on the side of the road after deer season had started, and she freaked. She thought he was just sitting there, gun pointed at the road waiting for a deer to cross, and of course that put her in danget because he couldn't tell the difference in a deer and 10 overweight women led by a guy wearing blaze orange. I really wanted to yell at them and say there was no difference in a deer and a cow, except one was in a fence and one was outside of it. BTW, they never said a word when we passed a field full of cattle.

On a different note, I do think it's important how an animal is raised. Animals not able to turn around in their pen, chickens crowded together in their cage with a dead one rotting away. Yeah, all animals have one bad day, but it's better if the rest of their lives weren't torture. I'd rather eat a chicken that was in clean air, able to run and catch a grasshopper and do the things chickens were meant to do that to eat one that has been crammed in a building, breathing fecal dust and ammonia their short lives, while eating the nasty stuff they put in their feed.

brandonm_13":3b6y919c said:
I used to work at a Fitness Spa during summers when I was in college. We had a lot of overweight city folks that visited McDonald's far too often. Some use to gripe about hunting, how they hated it when they would see a deer. One saw a vehicle on the side of the road after deer season had started, and she freaked. She thought he was just sitting there, gun pointed at the road waiting for a deer to cross, and of course that put her in danget because he couldn't tell the difference in a deer and 10 overweight women led by a guy wearing blaze orange. I really wanted to yell at them and say there was no difference in a deer and a cow, except one was in a fence and one was outside of it. BTW, they never said a word when we passed a field full of cattle.

On a different note, I do think it's important how an animal is raised. Animals not able to turn around in their pen, chickens crowded together in their cage with a dead one rotting away. Yeah, all animals have one bad day, but it's better if the rest of their lives weren't torture. I'd rather eat a chicken that was in clean air, able to run and catch a grasshopper and do the things chickens were meant to do that to eat one that has been crammed in a building, breathing fecal dust and ammonia their short lives, while eating the nasty stuff they put in their feed.
well unfortunitely supply and demand... dont allow that today if every on could raise their own the way they see fit different story ... they want chicken know,, then tell you how they like em raised... pressures put on food too grow no matter what same with feeder calve's

HerefordSire":2n9o7xv9 said:
About a year ago or three, did anyone notice the number of chicken house farms for sale?[/i]

Still plenty for sale. For sale in 40 foot sections, you remove from the property.

Latest posts