publix

Help Support CattleToday:

Jogeephus":1pm79ule said:
1982vett":1pm79ule said:
So how goes constuction or did you get rained out?

Its pretty well complete, she just has to finish painting and do a little trim work and she will be ready to go. Hope to go to the sale next Saturday and pick up some chickens. I just hope she can keep her eye on the chickens and not get side tracked and buy a bunch of other cute animals cause you can buy about anything at this sale.
I think I see a problem... :p

Jogeephus":vn1sc0ae said:
1982vett":vn1sc0ae said:
So how goes constuction or did you get rained out?

Its pretty well complete, she just has to finish painting and do a little trim work and she will be ready to go. Hope to go to the sale next Saturday and pick up some chickens. I just hope she can keep her eye on the chickens and not get side tracked and buy a bunch of other cute animals cause you can buy about anything at this sale.

Do they still have the sale in Pearson or is there a different one that you're going to? I need to buy some more chickens too...

grannysoo":rfkpofjd said:
Do they still have the sale in Pearson or is there a different one that you're going to? I need to buy some more chickens too...

It closed for a spell then re-opened. Open every 2 and 4 th Saturday. I seriously doubt that there is another sale like this on the planet cause if it walks, flies or breeds you can buy it here. I'll definitely have to dress up for the event. ;-)

Here is the almost completed Coop de le Chic.

IMG_3932.jpg

I'm sure if he has adequate funding we could possibly work something out. Of course I'm sure he already knows that we just don't raise ordinary chickens but a pure line of of prehistoric genetics.

That came out great! Those are gonna be 4 lucky birds. Does she have a breed in mind, or just what grabs her at the auction? She could study up on the different breeds on a hatchery web site before the sale. We're going to an auction on Saturday, too, to sell an evil guinea cock and his mate. My chickens will no longer have to live in terror of him.

Dave":yj0bsmec said:
I had a city living sister-in-law giving me a hard time over shooting deer. I pointed out that she eats meat. She said yes, but it is raised for food. So killing that chicken who doesn't have a snow balls chance of living to see 8 weeks is OK but killing a deer that could live out its life if it gets lucky is bad? At least the deer had a chance.

Tell your Sister in law the same thing I told mine. "The only difference between you and me is I do my own killin. :cowboy:

MO_cows":rr0f87ba said:
That came out great! Those are gonna be 4 lucky birds. Does she have a breed in mind, or just what grabs her at the auction? She could study up on the different breeds on a hatchery web site before the sale. We're going to an auction on Saturday, too, to sell an evil guinea cock and his mate. My chickens will no longer have to live in terror of him.

We are looking at Rhode Island Reds or some dominickers so we can get the brown eggs. Need them for cakes they say. We talked to a chicken guru the other day and I noticed my daughter's ears perked up whne she learned of blue and green eggs. Its going to be interesting to see what she actually buys.

Latest posts