Private vs Public Jobs?

Help Support CattleToday:

kickinbull

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many people work in each of public and private sectors? I can't find any info. To me it seems that the soft handed ones have taken over, both in numbers and power. As a dairyman, I can only see everyone wants a milk check but noone wants to milk the cows.

That would be so difficult to calculate. Public jobs would include Federal, State and local. Prison guards, military, police, fireman, civil service, and on and on. What about private companies funded by government. Lots of defense contractors/companies, highway construction companies, and all the different subsidies. Bailed out companies like GM, AIG, and all the banks. Very interesting question though.

We need most of those public jobs obviously.

Walt

kenny thomas":ma0a9itg said:
I need my public job to support my private cattle job.

According to Wikipedia, there were 1.8 million employed by the federal gvnmt in 2007 and 3.68 million full time and 1.39 million part time state employees. That doesn't include the military. This is a link to a 2002 government census: http://www.census.gov/prod/2004pubs/gc023x2.pdf
I think total US employment is around 150 million.

kenny thomas":1fnj7jvw said:
I need my public job to support my private cattle job.
Kenny, I am not sure what you mean by public, where we live at , any job other than working for yourself is public. If someone doesn't make it in business for themselves, they say, "I guess I'll go get a public job".

Latest posts