$1400 vs $1000

Help Support CattleToday:

Why not just give everyone one million dollars? That would lift everyone out of poverty. NO MORE POVERTY! Who could be against that? No more worry about rent, food, etc. Some could just retire with that. Would provide a good base income for everyone, even if they needed to still work to have everything they wanted. After we cover all citizens and "visitors" inside the country, it could be opened up to the rest of the word. No more poverty worldwide! Who could be against that? After the first mega round, the next round could be increased to 2 million. Prosperity for everyone.
Anyone see any downside?

When I bought my first house in the early 80's it took about two year's salary. Now it is 5.5 times the average median income.

This is what overspending in DC does to the value of the dollar. This is what we have done for our kids

1612280793487.png

What % would you call inflation? I had been using 2% but that may be low when you consider housing, autos and a falling dollar.

Any ideas?

Which would be better?

$2,000 would be better.
What's the difference between 28 trillion in debt vs 30 trillion?
Zero difference as 30 yr history shows no intention of ever paying it off.

As long as we keep our missile defenses strong we never have to pay debts.

edited to paraphrase ismith's comment
We're on a sinking ship - why not eat the lobster in the galley. :) lol

Last edited:
No way. The government says inflation has been 2-3% for decades. It's more like 5-6%. They changed the way they measured inflation around 1990. Meanwhile wages have only risen 3% or so trying to match inflation, and the actual cost of homes, land, and other big items have risen 5-6%.

$2,000
What's the difference between 28 trillion in debt vs 30 trillion?
Zero difference as 30 yr history shows no intention of ever paying it off.

As long as we keep our missile defenses strong we never have to pay debts.
So why not do like Simme said and give everyone a $1M?

Eventually countries won't like us devaluing our currency and will stop buying our debt.

Yeah, except as you probably know, they don't actually print it. The fed just increases a number on its balance sheet, and walla.

Latest posts