Dentures vs Implants

Help Support CattleToday:

Son of Butch

Reaction score
Clear Choice dental center boasts their dentists do more implants in a month than other dentists
do in a year. Free 1 hour consultation. They did a full dental x-ray scan. Only 2 good teeth left on
the bottom. Their recommendation, leave the uppers alone and pull all remaining lower teeth.
Then implant 4 surgical screws into the jaw bone and attach permanent plate to the screws.
The plate consists of 14 beautiful and most durable teeth ever made, brush same as regular teeth.
Can have it all done and ready in time to eat Christmas dinner.

They accept no insurance of any type, cash or finance plan only.
Price: $32,000 finance 2 years at 0% interest (I asked for lower than 0%) :)
or 5% cash discount $30,400.

Keep in mind this is only a 1/2 job as they are not touching the upper teeth at all.
So it will be dentures for me for the rest of my life.

Take Care Of Your Teeth... do as I say... not as I do.

I had individual teeth replaced with implants in the 1990s. They are excellent - virtually better than a real tooth. They insert an implant into the bone. Your body integrates the implant (basically a screw) into the bone by depositing bone onto the serrations on the implant. Then they screw an abutment into the implant. Next, they take an impression. Then they crown the abutment. They are indestructible.

Cost was minimal in the 1990s. I had a dental surgeon in Billings Montana do mine.

IF I were to do it, I'd look at a med-vacation.
I've heard you can get top doctor care in foreign countries 1/3 or more cheaper with cash and
at a savings enough to pay for several vacations.
Farrah Fawcett received cancer treatment in Europe for 1/10 of the price the same treatment cost in USA.

I have one implant. It cost $4,000 but insurance paid for half. I have another that I need to get done. I saw an ad from an oral surgeon in Ontario Oregon saying he charged $1,900 to do one.

For a full job cost you can get a new PSD... A $29 blender and straw you can get by with, just want be as pretty and a heck of a lot less pain as the implants are very painful.

OH GOOD LORD!!! 😯😳 IM ABOUT TO HAVE THE BIG ONE OVER HERE!! STICKER SHOCK!!!
I'd definitely shop around.
Take Care Of Your Teeth... "do as I say... not as I do." One of my favorite quotes.
I don't think we are taught enough to take care of our teeth. Not all of it is care, as well as our diets and if we smoke dip etc.
Last time I went to the dentist they were making me feel uncomfortable... it wasn't my normal dentist. He was very surprised I had all my teeth at my age. I'm thinking weird... guess looking around in my area (not all but alot) the methhead and druggie they all missing teeth or maybe it's the water. 🤷🏽‍♀️🙈😥 he couldn't believe how good of shape they are in and all. 🤷🏽‍♀️

Nope you got me so paranoid I'm going to the dentist after the holidays. 🎅🏿🎅🏾🦃🙏🎄🤶🤶

I had to have a tooth pulled. Dentist asked if I wanted an implant. I asked how much? He said I would have to go to a surgeon and it would be $1600 for pull & implant. OK. I agreed. Well, "we" need to learn to ask more questions. I "assumed" an implant was having the tooth implant done. Wrong. Implant is the process BrightRaven described. THEN, you need to have the impression & have a fake tooth ATTACHED to the IMPLANT. Another $1600 thank you.
No pain what so ever. Was a long process, but the "tooth" is perfect. I don't even know which one it is. Would I do it again? Probably yes. I am blessed with good strong teeth, so this was a first tooth loss, at 72 young.

Jeanne - Simme Valley said:
I had to have a tooth pulled. Dentist asked if I wanted an implant. I asked how much? He said I would have to go to a surgeon and it would be $1600 for pull & implant. OK. I agreed. Well, "we" need to learn to ask more questions. I "assumed" an implant was having the tooth implant done. Wrong. Implant is the process BrightRaven described. THEN, you need to have the impression & have a fake tooth ATTACHED to the IMPLANT. Another $1600 thank you.
No pain what so ever. Was a long process, but the "tooth" is perfect. I don't even know which one it is. Would I do it again? Probably yes. I am blessed with good strong teeth, so this was a first tooth loss, at 72 young.

Lost one at 62 that cracked from eating ice. That was a costly stupid tax. All the rest are original equipment.
I am OCD on dental care, we are just like bovines as go the teeth so goes the health.

Caustic Burno said:

Lost one at 62 that cracked from eating ice. That was a costly stupid tax. All the rest are original equipment.
I am OCD on dental care, we are just like bovines as go the teeth so goes the health.
One thing my mother was stricked on was keeping our brushed and cleaned..my kids joke about how they hated me brushing theirs when they were little ..id get em in a headlock and scrub :cowboy:

My grandfather had a friend die from a sore tooth, he was an eccentric man sooooo, booked himself into the hospital and had all his perfectly good teeth pulled out! Apparently my grandmother nearly had a heart attack when she found out. Boy oh boy did he live to regret that one, died young anyway!

I have all my teeth but cracked one and as they were trying to drill out the crack hit the nerve, i swear i nearly jumped out that chair. So had to have a root canal. Turns out i had five very deep roots which is very rare, lucky me, anaesthetic wears off pretty much after drilling out 3.5 roots, it was right on the line of how much pain i could take. But once done been brilliant, next time they can knock me out though.

this discussion reminded me of the movie marathon man with dustin hoffman - is it safe scene. was going to post a link to the video clip, but i couldn't even watch it.

jeanne, i'm surprised you said no pain. i don't know anything about implants, but was thinking it might be something in my future. seems like drilling a hole in your jawbone would be very painful.

Not at all. Of course, they numbed me up just like they would do to fix a cavity. My surprise was there was NO discomfort after I left the office. It was a long drawn out process, but I would do it again in a heart beat (other than the $$$$ - but, I still would do it.) Dentures aren't a "one & done" thing. They can rack up some $$ also.
I just want to remind people when they get a quote, be sure they say "implant AND tooth". My language knowledge obviously was lacking. In my mind when someone talked about an implant, I was thinking TOOTH. No, not correct.

Not at all. Of course, they numbed me up just like they would do to fix a cavity. My surprise was there was NO discomfort after I left the office. It was a long drawn out process, but I would do it again in a heart beat (other than the $$$$ - but, I still would do it.) Dentures aren't a "one & done" thing. They can rack up some $$ also.
I just want to remind people when they get a quote, be sure they say "implant AND tooth". My language knowledge obviously was lacking. In my mind when someone talked about an implant, I was thinking TOOTH. No, not correct.

Reminds me of a chiropractor friend, he broke his finger but had hand insurance so wasn't too concerned, until his insurance told him his finger isn't part of his hand! He even went to court and lost.