prescriptions for antibiotics now

Help Support CattleToday:

TexasBred":28bafg32 said:
pdfangus":28bafg32 said:
FOR RABIES YOU CAN STILL GET THE VACCINE AND GET THE PROTECTION......
i JUST DID MY HORSES LAST WEEK.

HOWEVER NO ONE WILL RECOGNIZE THE VACINATION STATUS IF YOU DO IT YOUR SELF. VET HOUSES LIKE JEFFERS CAN NOT SHIP IT TO QUITE A FEW STATES BECAUSE OF STATE LAWS.

i AM NOT INTERESTED IN THE STATUS RECOGNITION. i AM INTERESTED IN THE PROTECTION AND SAVING MONEY.

i DID ALL SPRING SHOTS FOR TWO HORSES AND TWO DONKEYS FOR ABOUT A HUNDRED BUCKS. HAD THE VET DO IT LAST YEAR AND SPENT 400.00.
Jim none of the vets I know around here will even think about selling you a rabies shot for you to administer yourself on the farm. Gotta bring the animal to the clinic and let them do it.

oh no.....the vets here won't even acknowledge that you did it.....
I always record all vaccinations and wormings given all livestock including
date...
product name
manufacturer
serial or lot number
expiration date
method and site of administration
purpose of the treatment
and who gave treatment

takes longer to key it all to the spreadsheet than it does to do it.

I can print it out for any and all animals.....

but vets assume that if they did not do it then it was not done. that is fine. I know it was done.
I did cows and horses last week for spring shots. even preg checked the cows....and managed to determine they were pregnant without an ultrasound machine. pretty sure they are all AI bred and will know for sure by calving time.....not going to abort them in any case.

got it all from Jeffers in one order and shipment and probably saved a grand over having two vets....one for the four equines and another for the 3 pairs of bovines and one bull.

But I will have to pay someone to do a brucellosis on my one replacement heifer. my neighbor is going to have her done when he has his done and I will settle up with him.

even preg checked the cows....and managed to determine they were pregnant without an ultrasound machine. pretty sure they are all AI bred and will know for sure by calving time.....not going to abort them in any case.

Do you realize how much money you saved and how many "middle men" you cut out of the equation?? Can't believe you don't even have an ultrasound machine. :lol: :lol2:

TexasBred":1f1ywehj said:
even preg checked the cows....and managed to determine they were pregnant without an ultrasound machine. pretty sure they are all AI bred and will know for sure by calving time.....not going to abort them in any case.

Do you realize how much money you saved and how many "middle men" you cut out of the equation?? Can't believe you don't even have an ultrasound machine. :lol: :lol2:

yeah....I even bought my own books and paid my way through school but I am still just an ignorant country bumpkin. :deadhorse:
stuck in the dark ages..... :dunce:
and as happy as if I had good sense.... :banana:

I'm lucky I guess. we have 2 supply houses in town Jeffers and Fuller supply. If it requires perscription I call the vet while I'm there and he will fax a script to them .

pdfangus":16z1g3mw said:
oh no.....the vets here won't even acknowledge that you did it.....
I always record all vaccinations and wormings given all livestock including
date...
product name
manufacturer
serial or lot number
expiration date
method and site of administration
purpose of the treatment
and who gave treatment

takes longer to key it all to the spreadsheet than it does to do it.

I can print it out for any and all animals.....

but vets assume that if they did not do it then it was not done.

Hey Jim it is the state and I think even a federal law that won't recognize it. All the States around here have a requirement that it has to be performed by them or under direct supervision by their employee. If they were to recognize it for health papers it would be illegal and that would open them up to problems with the state boards and USDA.

even the cty wont recog the shots here...take yer dog to the vet and if he aint got a tag from the cty ya gotta buy the shot and have it given before they will treat em...theyre all in cahoots...pos

Latest posts