Premise ID @CO.state fair

Help Support CattleToday:

It was stated plain as day in the rules. I do feel for the kids because their parents didn't read the rules. Now they want to blame everyone else. We have friends who didn't enter the state fair because of the requirement. If someone didn't know, that is because they didn't take the time to read it. It was announced at our 4-H meetings, at our county council meetings. We have had ours for months and ended up not using it. http://www.coloradostatefair.com/upload ... 070207.pdf
it is on page 4 rule 7 of the premium book.
That is probably not the answer you all wanted to hear but that is how I feel about it.

"EXCERPT"
"Internal Revenue Service, a PROPERLY COMPLETED 2007 FORM W-9 MUST BE
SUBMITTED WITH EACH COMPETITIVE ENTRY LISTING THE EXHIBITOR'S
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER. When completing the Form W-9 that is included in this
entry information, please be sure to carefully read and follow the instructions on the
form. Failure to submit a properly completed 2007 Form W-9 will delay or possibility
forfeit payment of any premium monies won at the Colorado State Fair.Entries will not
be accepted without a completed W-9, with the exhibitors Social Security number. All
entries must be made on Colorado State Fair official entry form, and have all required
signatures. Entries must be accompanied with all fees, completed Exhibitors
Summary Sheet, a completed 2007 W-9 form, and an IAFE form. All market animal
entries must have a signed Packers Certificate for each market animal. ALL 4-H
AND FFA PROJECT ANIMALS MUST HAVE A PREMISES ID NUMBER ON THE
ENTRY SUMMARY FORM. Receipt of entries made by exhibitors in the office of the
Colorado State Fair shall be deemed as exhibitor acceptance of all rules.
See specific
division rules for other individual requirements.

I think the disagreement came up with the wording in the rules. It doesn't state specifically that the owner has to have their own premises ID, just that you list one. In common sense world, I would assume they want you to have your own. Our county requires you to have one, I think we're currently the only county in Colorado with that requirement. In lawyerspeak world, they have a valid argument. I think since this was the first year for that requirement, they should have let them sell, and clarified it for next year.

plus the state fair compensated these kids. What is there to complain about??They still got their money.

state fair compensated the kids so at least they dident lose out on their money but If the rules where wrote in ink then thats the way it is R-Calf Members always starting some kind of problems

Latest posts