Great District Fair So Far

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We had our junior show today, and got along well.
Our sept heifer we bought from Ron was Second in class and Reserve Champion in her division
71snd2.jpg

Our Zsa Zsa heifer was 3rd place behind her.

We brought a purebred bull, Feb born. We weaned him Sunday, just 5 days ago. He is sired by Bandwagon. He ended up winning his class and Reserve Champion Simm bull.

prswy.jpg

Our purebred December heifer, sired by Built Right and just weaned 2 weeks ago, was Champion Bred and Owned purebred heifer.
n1q73c.jpg

My son's good percentage heifer, November born, sired by Cut Above won her class.

We brought a December percentage bull, sired by Pays To Dream, and bred and owned for our daughter. He ended up Reserve Champion Percentage bull overall!
33os74j.jpg

Here is one of the line ups. That is our daughter with our Zsa Zsa heifer.
x1kjl3.jpg

Home by 8, chores done by 9pm (got to AI a May heifer), then back up at 3:30am fo wash and get ready for our open show.... yippee :lol2:

Congratulations. I am proud of your children. Your team works hard. You are fostering not only your children but the children of many others who come through your Junior Simmental Association programs that you devote so much of yourself to. I admire your dedication, passion and devotion to the vocation of raising fine cattle and the Simmental Breed.

A lot of work there and some great looking calves. I have been to the Louisville state fair a couple times probably not far from you and it is well worth the trip, cattle galore and just about everything else as it is the best one I have been too.

Fire Sweep Ranch":1uj22urx said:
We had our junior show today, and got along well.
Our sept heifer we bought from Ron was Second in class and Reserve Champion in her division
71snd2.jpg

I took a picture of her Dam, Reina, last evening. Born 10/29/2015. 64 pounds, 284 days gestation. Sired by Uno Mas. Out of my girl Tatum.

2ll120o.jpg