Good day at the Ash Grove fair today

Help Support CattleToday:

Fire Sweep Ranch

Reaction score
We had a great day at Ash Grove fair today. Total of 87 head showed up, and we ended up with champ Purebred Simm Heifer and Champ Purebred Bull. We had three females that made it to the champion drive, so we had to find help to show one, and she is the one that won!
Here she is in her class (on the left):

and being selected as champion ( she is a Bandwagon)

This was my daughter's other heifer that was in the drive, she is a June Shell Shocked:

And our son had one in the champ drive also. She is a TNGL Grand Fortune x Robins Kiss

This one is a Dec Built Right x Wide Track. She was second in class:

And our steer was third overall:

And our bull was Champion Simm Bull. He is a Shell Shocked:

We brought 10 head total, so it was a busy day showing!

Well done FSR. Your children are looking very grown up. How much longer do you think they will be into the showing? For a long time I hope.

Ken

wbvs58 said:
Well done FSR. Your children are looking very grown up. How much longer do you think they will be into the showing? For a long time I hope.

Ken

Not long. The oldest had the most drive, and she is the one that took pictures for me since I was helping the other two bring cattle back and forth. As many know, I have been the junior advisor for 7 years, and I am resigning after State Fair this year. My kids are older, I am older, and my teaching full time has pulled me a different direction, along with purchasing another 40 acres a few miles away that needs management. Showing cattle takes a lot of time and effort. When the kids are ready to stop, I will stop.

Cattle look great. Your kids do a great job.
I was state junior advisor for maybe 25 years for all beef. I really only handled a Fall Festival. It is very rewarding - but very exhausting and time consuming. I completely dropped out about 3 years ago after we had someone I trusted completely to run the show & challenge (fitting, judging, quizzes, etc). So, I can see where you would be ready to step down.

Latest posts