preg checking

Help Support CattleToday:

dixie78

Reaction score
Hello,

I am recently out of veterinary school and I want to learn all I can about preg checking cattle both with and without and ultrasound. Does anyone know of any clinics that I could attend to help me learn? Thanks.

dixie78":e7l27pqw said:
Hello,

I am recently out of veterinary school and I want to learn all I can about preg checking cattle both with and without and ultrasound. Does anyone know of any clinics that I could attend to help me learn? Thanks.

Where you located? You can come check mine if you want. Check with you local/state cattle associations. They sometimes list these classeson their web sites or give them a call. I find their web sites are ot kept up to date. There are two associations I was going to join here in the state but because their web sites had not been update since last year I didn't. I contacted them and they said they were working on it. They said the same thing the year before but nothing changed. They need to get on board. Many of us can't attend their meetings due to long distance and stuff btu we want to know what is going on.

Try the local sale barn. Most of them have a vet there that checks several on saleday. He or She will probally allow you to check a few if you assist him in the working of them.

dixie78":eljx34uq said:
Hello,

Most of the major bull studs (ABS, Select Sires, Accelerated, etc.) offer AI and palpation classes. They all have web sites. Contact them and see if there are going to be any clinics in your area...

Where are you located, and why didn't they teach you that in vet school, with all due respect?

mtnman