Checking cows and calves

Help Support CattleToday:

Ky hills

Reaction score
Been a lot going on for a while, have kept up with cows and calves but haven't got them worked yet. That's coming real soon as need to get some fly relief for them as well. Got pictures while checking them today.
This is a no no to show on CT but here is our 13 month old home raised Braford bull.

Ky hills said:
Been a lot going on for a while, have kept up with cows and calves but haven't got them worked yet. That's coming real soon as need to get some fly relief for them as well. Got pictures while checking them today.
This is a no no to show on CT but here is our 13 month old home raised Braford bull.

They look really good!

May I recommend Vet Gun? That along with Rabon in the mineral is my plan for flies.

************* said:
Ky hills said:
They look really good!

May I recommend Vet Gun? That along with Rabon in the mineral is my plan for flies.

Thank you Branded. I have seen advertisements for the Vet Gun, will look into that closer. We have been using fly tags, but the vet gun may be just as cost effective as the tags in the long run. I don't want to be asking something to be nosey, but am legitimately interested to know what brand of mineral you are using. I figure that you are likely using something that covers a lot of bases and the minerals that I have used around here that have Altosid in them are just that. I have seen some Rabon blocks at Rural King but I'm sure that's all they are too.

Ky hills said:
************* said:
Ky hills said:
They look really good!

Thank you Branded. I have seen advertisements for the Vet Gun, will look into that closer. We have been using fly tags, but the vet gun may be just as cost effective as the tags in the long run. I don't want to be asking something to be nosey, but am legitimately interested to know what brand of mineral you are using. I figure that you are likely using something that covers a lot of bases and the minerals that I have used around here that have Altosid in them are just that. I have seen some Rabon blocks at Rural King but I'm sure that's all they are too.

You aren't being nosy. Ag Land Gro Tec Fescue 7 medicated with Rabon. I get it at Southern States.

************* said:
Ky hills said:
************* said:

You aren't being nosy. Ag Land Gro Tec Fescue 7 medicated with Rabon. I get it at Southern States.

Thanks, I am glad to know that. I will see if I can get it through our Southern States.