Snowy Cow Checking Pictures

Help Support CattleToday:

creekdrive

Reaction score
Went yesterday afternoon and checked some of the cows that are about 30 minutes away. Had probably 1/2" of rain of yesterday that turned to ice, then roughly 3 inches of snow. Looks like everything is holding up just fine in this snowy, crappy weather, which was good to see.

Thought I'd share some pictures of the lovely white stuff as it would be unfair to keep it all to myself. ;-) :lol:

IMG_3440sm_zpsphqibr4r.jpg

IMG_3466sm_zpsewmwti7b.jpg

IMG_3479sm_zpsw0cidyhk.jpg

IMG_3507sm_zpsdlfwrtps.jpg

IMG_3520sm-2_zps931yy4vl.jpg

IMG_3534sm_zps8kte7zvo.jpg

IMG_3495sm-2_zpss2jizdlx.jpg

a keeper heifer (that's her dam behind her)

IMG_3499sm_zpsdlybncxv.jpg

little first calf heifer that is doing a pretty decent job

That makes for some pretty pictures, but I sure hope we don't see any of that white stuff for a while.

Beautiful pictures, makes you realize just how diverse this country is. Still warm here not hot but short sleeve weather for sure. Cattle look fat and sassy I imagine they need some fat cover going into winter in your part of the country. I always enjoy seeing photos of your cattle they are good ones!

gizmom

Thanks all! A lot of the white stuff melted yesterday and now everything is a swamp. We've been wanting to move some of the cows off the home place and bring a group of heifers home and haul them to some stubble/2nd growth hay, but it's just too wet right now to get into any of the pastures with a load on. Supposed to be above freezing all this week & even get up to +10C (50F) a couple of days so that should help clean up this mess. And maybe, *hopefully* this warm stretch will last long enough that guys can back to their harvest. Have a good friend who still has 80% of his crop out in the field.

Pretty much all the cows are in excellent shape this fall, which definitely helps going into winter. There's a few that are pushing the boundaries of too fat...

Latest posts