Prayers Needed for Folks In Atlanta.

Help Support CattleToday:

Lammie":f2t1y97i said:
As someone who is working as a classroom instructional aid, I can tell you that I was totally suprised when I discovered that I had ten paid days off right off the bat. At my last job, you would have had to have been employed for 6 months before you could use sick leave and a year before you could use accrued vacation time. Teachers taking off a couple of days after school had been on for only a week? For a vacation? Hello! June, July, part of August???

I don't think that teachers are overpaid. It is a part time job. I made less than a first year teacher at many schools in Texas after 5 years at my old position. And I worked with kids that the schools were sending to us because they didn't want to mess with them all day. Year round.

Teachers, IMHO, have it made, and I don't see what the beef is.

Alvarado gets 10 days? Wow! Rio Vista gets 7 personal days. There is no set sick leave...it's just 7 days period and the teachers can't accumulate them and carry them over. Last year, my daughter contracted viral mennigitis in the first six weeks of the school year and landed in the hospital for 6 days. Her 7 days were history within/the first six weeks.

Alice

Caustic, once again you hit the nail right in the head with your last post. Maybe well see if aplus will respond before or after he wakes up, and removes the cloud that is blocking his vision, and sees the truth.

thug
One entry found for thug.

Main Entry: thug
Pronunciation: 'th&g
Function: noun
Etymology: Hindi & Urdu thag, literally, thief
: a brutal ruffian or assassin : GANGSTER, TOUGH
- thug·gery /'th&-g(&-)rE/ noun
- thug·gish /'th&-gish/ adjective

This is from Webster on line. Doesn't sound like a union to me. Sounds more like upper management manipulating the company stock portfolio, and breaching their contracts to suit their needs.

MikeC":14sxceuw said:
Organized labor is nothing but a bunch of thugs out to steal money.

You know it, I know it, and the FBI knows it:

http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cid/orgcrime/lcn/laborrack.htm

I know a bunch of church going boys that would take offense to that. Why are you so bitter couldn't get into or pass an apprentenceship program. Or were the boys on the work site mean to you because you couldn't cut it. Or you just speaking out your heresay. Lets see the FBI was ran by a queer sleeping with and blackmailing the corporate CEO's and government officials that is a heck of a resource.

A man that has to worry everday he comes to work because he has a boss like you is a slave. It has always amazed me where the standing of living is the lowest they are the most anti union. Pull you head out of your Antebellum Southern Backwards ways. I guess you still believe share cropping is a good deal. Or the company store and housing the coal miners had to live in and pay the robbery rates back to the corporate mine owners.

Caustic Burno":1jbvagyp said:
MikeC":1jbvagyp said:

I know a bunch of church going boys that would take offense to that. Why are you so bitter couldn't get into or pass an apprentenceship program. Or were the boys on the work site mean to you because you couldn't cut it. Or you just speaking out your heresay. Lets see the FBI was ran by a queer sleeping with and blackmailing the corporate CEO's and government officials that is a heck of a resource.

A man that has to worry everday he comes to work because he has a boss like you is a slave. It has always amazed me where the standing of living is the lowest they are the most anti union. Pull you head out of your Antebellum Southern Backwards ways. I guess you still believe share cropping is a good deal. Or the company store and housing the coal miners had to live in and pay the robbery rates back to the corporate mine owners.

Let me rephrase my statement.

The Union LEADERS are nothing but a bunch of thugs. Better?

But who votes them in ? :lol:

No I believe that a man should be paid a fair wage based on his work ethic. Good or bad. I also believe that a worker should make the owner money or he should go down the road.
The Unions ain't all bad and I realize that. It's just that when you try to get rid of a union loafer, the work has just begun.

I worked in a Plumbers and Steamfitters shop long years ago.
It was "screw the company" by most of the guys there and it put a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry if we disagree. It's just the way it is to me.

kjones":2evmjlzc said:
Caustic, once again you hit the nail right in the head with your last post. Maybe well see if aplus will respond before or after he wakes up, and removes the cloud that is blocking his vision, and sees the truth.

Caustics points are valid, only difference in my thoughts and his is I believe their is greed and stupidity on both ends. Company Leaders hare amongst some of the Greediest Employees in the Nation. They suck the companies dry many times

First my complaint is with UAW union (big three Auto Workers) not ALL Unions. By example I think the Teachers Union has did a good and fair job. I do not believe teachers are over paid nor do I believe they are underpaid. For the hours they work they have did a good job for themselves as well as their Employers (us the taxpayer). They should continue to get a cost of living raise each year and keep up with the game.

Mostly I think UAW workers have been stupid. Once they saw the designers were not going to make a better product to compete with Toyota then maybe they should have re structured to either get Ford to sale a cheaper product or use money from their Pay Decrease to purchase better material for better products. If nothing else but for self preservation.

I think the unions like UAW concentrate to much on what can we get for us, what is best for us. Instead of what is best for both the company and Us.

One thing I do know about Unions from my experiance is that their personal greed shows true many times. I have known many Unions that are willing to accept contracts that will give less to future union brothers as long as they get more. Things like any new employees hired after certain date do not get the same benefits. As long as they take on step forward, the do not care that those of the future take two steps backwards.

Another thing they are always willing to sell out the Janitors, if the companies says well we will give you this raise you want but we want the Janitors to be exempt, so we can hire outside contractors. No big deal to them they will sell out the Janitors as long as they get theirr raise and benefits they want.

Greed is a driving force for most Americans today. And as the spoiled, couch potato, get me something to eat mom, kids grow up it will only get worse.

I am not Anti Union just Anti Gluttonous Stupid Unions that emulate the White color workers upstairs.

I think many times it is like MikeC mentioned, the Big Union Leaders like UAW are two peas in a pod to the Corrupt White Collar Workers.

Aplus wrote..

Another thing they are always willing to sell out the Janitors, if the companies says well we will give you this raise you want but we want the Janitors to be exempt, so we can hire outside contractors. No big deal to them they will sell out the Janitors as long as they get their raise and benefits they want.

I think we all know where his contempt for unions comes from now. ;-)

kjones":1h717hai said:
Aplus wrote..

Another thing they are always willing to sell out the Janitors, if the companies says well we will give you this raise you want but we want the Janitors to be exempt, so we can hire outside contractors. No big deal to them they will sell out the Janitors as long as they get their raise and benefits they want.

I think we all know where his contempt for unions comes from now. ;-)

Nope afraid you do not! I love Unions. I am a Janitorial Contractor not a Janitor. I make lots of money due to the fact the union agrees to screw the Janitors. Just one Chemical plant alone has made me $600,000 over the last 10 years due to the fact the Union Members only cared about their selves instead of the Brother hood and the integrity of the Union as it was 40 years ago.

Only thing that happened when the Union was voted in to this Chemical plant was the workers hired after that date got less benefits, and about 10% of the existing jobs got deleted and around 30 people lost their jobs. I bet the 30 that got fired would have loved to change their vote today. One of them even asked me for a Job cleaning the plant for lots less money.

MikeC":3588stm5 said:
Caustic Burno":3588stm5 said:
MikeC":3588stm5 said:

Let me rephrase my statement.

The Union LEADERS are nothing but a bunch of thugs. Better?

But who votes them in ? :lol:

No I believe that a man should be paid a fair wage based on his work ethic. Good or bad. I also believe that a worker should make the owner money or he should go down the road.
The Unions ain't all bad and I realize that. It's just that when you try to get rid of a union loafer, the work has just begun.

I worked in a Plumbers and Steamfitters shop long years ago.
It was "screw the company" by most of the guys there and it put a bad taste in my mouth.

Sorry if we disagree. It's just the way it is to me.

I still carry hononary withdrawl cards from two unions, I believe in a fair days work for a fair days pay in a safe working enviroment.

Tod Dague":gvx28pht said:
Wewild":gvx28pht said:
I'd say it was a poor management decision somewhere down the line. The man or woman at that level can't make it go South.
No, but several thousand can.

I don't understand. I can't see that. Help me understand.

I will agree it sounds like this union you are referring to is being run by some shady people. I still believe most unions are run fairly. Members of the ones that are not need to get off their cans and demand some action. In other words they should do something about it instead of take it and complain. I know we will disagree in different points if this topic, but I do still value your experience and input. kjones

Latest posts