Prayers are answered...(Wish this one hadn't been)

Help Support CattleToday:

slick4591

Reaction score
Not for me, for my wife. Said a while back she wanted a horse for the grand kids and like everything, she runs it through God. Then, the church she goes to had a raffle for a new saddle and she prayed some more. Well, today they had the drawing and guess who won it? Yep, her. Now we don't own a horse or have a building to keep one here at the house. Looks like those prayers are gonna be expensive.

Thanks, I thought so. They sold tickets 3 for $25 and she bought 3, The guy that makes them is also the preacher of her church. He's a paraplegic and came up with a therapy saddle for people that like to ride, but would not be able to in a conventional saddle.

http://www.birdsaddles.com/

I just turned down 2 nice sorrels last week--both geldings. Kinda regret it, but just didn't have time to give them the attention they deserve. Folks found a place to take them on a 90 day test basis for kid's therapy. Good gentle mounts, but both hackamore trained. They'd never seen a bit.

If the therapy place says they don't work out there, the former owners said they would call me to see if I changed my mind--I'll send you a PM if he does.

That would be great if one would work for 8 & 5 year olds that's not experienced. I haven't been around horses in some 30 odd years. Even been longer for the wife. Thanks for thinking of me.

I followed that link. Also visited the church site. He sounds like a remarkable man. I would like to visit that church someday.

slick4591":exrvxwsk said:
Thanks, I thought so. They sold tickets 3 for $25 and she bought 3, The guy that makes them is also the preacher of her church. He's a paraplegic and came up with a therapy saddle for people that like to ride, but would not be able to in a conventional saddle.

http://www.birdsaddles.com/

Awesome. Nice saddle and just wait and the right horse will come along as well. :tiphat:

Bigfoot":17h0nuw5 said:
I followed that link. Also visited the church site. He sounds like a remarkable man. I would like to visit that church someday.

The guy has overcome a lot of issues in his life.

Thanks, Cindy. Hopefully, not to soon tho.

slick4591":3jhjt352 said:
Not for me, for my wife. Said a while back she wanted a horse for the grand kids and like everything, she runs it through God. Then, the church she goes to had a raffle for a new saddle and she prayed some more. Well, today they had the drawing and guess who won it? Yep, her. Now we don't own a horse or have a building to keep one here at the house. Looks like those prayers are gonna be expensive.

Slick I wouldn't be at all surprised if your pastor didn't sell horses on the side. Might even construct a few buildings too. :lol2:

I sold my horse a month ago. Still have two saddles. I have found out that you can own a saddle and not own a horse. Saddles are a lot cheaper to own than a horse is.

TexasBred":3ojpecs7 said:
slick4591":3ojpecs7 said:

Slick I wouldn't be at all surprised if your pastor didn't sell horses on the side. Might even construct a few buildings too. :lol2:

No buildings, but he does sell roping horses. Can't say I'd ever buy one from a preacher, tho. :lol:

Dave":3mqslmej said:
I sold my horse a month ago. Still have two saddles. I have found out that you can own a saddle and not own a horse. Saddles are a lot cheaper to own than a horse is.

I'm sure. We have 3.5 acres here with good grass. It's the winter feeding I'm not gonna like.

slick4591":2xb5tdco said:
No buildings, but he does sell roping horses. Can't say I'd ever buy one from a preacher, tho. :lol:

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: Bet they are all "kid gentle" and just for you....very special pricing. :mrgreen: Danged preachers get out from the pulpit and they'll put the britches on you just like some others.

Dave":24e28c7g said:

I bought a saddle from my Grandpa 17 or so years ago but have never owned a horse in my life. Used to ride Grandpa's all the time and ride with some other friends. I sure miss it but just don't have the time. Used to sit on it out in the garage on an old saw horse and talk to Dad when I still lived at home.

Latest posts