Power Reverser problem

Help Support CattleToday:

Isomade

Reaction score
Bought a JD 5425 with power reverser, 05 model, cab, with 960 hours. Drove it around the place for 20 minutes checking everything out before I brought it home. Got it home and drove it around for a while checking cows and such. Started down a hill and the tractor kicked into neutral and beeped three times and flashed the red light on the dash. It continued to do this 4-5 times in a row within very short distances. A friend of mine is a tractor mechanic 2 miles down the road so in drove it over to him, it did it 3 times on the way. He checked the switches, and solenoids and drove it around for an hour and it didn't do it again. I picked it up and drove it home and it didn't do it for a week. Yesterday it started doing it again. The lever is in the forward position, if I pull it back to neutral and push forward again it takes right off, may do that 1-6 times in a row then be fine. It seems to be worse in wet weather, and when going down hill. Any ideas?

My only idea would be to call JD and ask them if they have any ideas. Our local JD guys aree great about spending time on the phone and talking through a porblem and 9 times out of 10 coiming up with the answer with something I can fix myself

Could be moisture in a switch or solenoid. I would look over all wire harnesses real close for a bare wire rubbing and creating a short.

I had a 5520 that did something similar. The wiring harness under the cab platform had a wire that rubbed through.
Bear

Latest posts