Power line easement

Help Support CattleToday:

Dave":1kablekl said:
I knew that this power line was coming in when I bought the property. It is 40-50 acres per cow kind of ground. It is steep with lots of rock. There are no trees of any value. Just thin grass, sagebrush, and a few Junipers. The right of way is 150 feet wide and a little over a mile long. Right now it would take me well over an hour to walk from the house to the location of the closest tower and probably take at least a half hour to ride a quad to the location of the tower the farthest from the house. This is not easy ground. It is steep and rugged. There is a reason that there are bighorn sheep on this place. I do want to maximize the dollars I get but actually anything I get will be like free money. As I stated earlier my real concern is the possibility of heavy equipment traffic next the the spring that supplies water to the house.
I'd be darn sure they know the spring is your water scource and any contamination they cause they have to remedy.....might be a time the epa might be useful....but I doubt that. Might well be worth spending a few bucks to protect that.

We have a new line in the works here also. A route that might effect me is supposed to be on an existing easement along the highway. Not to much to be concerned about their. Their are so many alternate routes it could take that the map looks like a bowl of spaghetti.

We have surplus electricity here because the mining and forest products companies did not grow as projected.
Big fight is over adding or replacing pipelines. Indian reservations seem to have the most power on pipeline routing.