pepper power

Help Support CattleToday:

ccr

ranch hand
Reaction score

de-seeded and cleaned out about 8 peppers for jalapeno poppers and used some to put in with fried taters and washed hands afterwards. peppers were fine and not to hot while eating.

took a shower about 4 hours later and all of a sudden my hand started burning like i had touched a hot grill. i search on the intertube and came across that people had burned there hands while working with peppers and offered a solution.

my hand was burning so much i tried a remedy. washed hand, rinse, and apply olive oil and scrubbed into the skin, and lightly washed. the pain mostly went away almost immediately while my hand was still oily. after about 30 minutes i washed the oil off with dawn dish soap, had a margarita, and things were good again. never seen that before and been around over 60 years and still learning.

The power of the pepper,
is hard to believe.
Don't underestimate it's ability,
and be deceived.

Green, red, and interesting,
with origins from the south.
Used with many dishes,
and delightful to the mouth.

It's said peppers have many benefits,
including offering pain relief.
They are nutritious, and help your heart,
so much good, almost beyond belief.

When cleaning peppers, seeds, ribs, and such,
don't rub your eyes or anything else to the touch.
And hopefully the power of the pepper,
will be good for you, and won't be too much.

ccr said:

de-seeded and cleaned out about 8 peppers for jalapeno poppers and used some to put in with fried taters and washed hands afterwards. peppers were fine and not to hot eat while eating.

took a shower about 4 hours later and all of a sudden my hand started burning like i had touched a hot grill. i search on the intertube and came across that people had burned there hands while working with peppers and offered a solution.

my hand was burning so much i tried a remedy. washed hand, rinse, and apply olive oil and schrubed into the skin, and lightly washed. the pain mostly went away almost immediately while my hand was still oily. after about 30 minutes i washed the oil off with dawn dish soap, had a margarita, and things were good again. never seen that before and been around over 60 years and still learning.

The power of the pepper,
is hard to believe.
Don't underestimate it's ability,
and be decieved.

Green, red, and interesting,
with origins from the south.
Used with many dishes,
and delightful to the mouth.

It's said peppers,
offer pain relief.
The are nutrutious, and help your heart.
so much good, almost beyond belief.

When cleaning peppers, seeds, ribs, and such,
don't rub your eyes or anything else to the touch.
And hopefully the power of the pepper,
will be good for you, and won't be to much.

Very interesting.

I grow many hot peppers in my garden each year and make many batches of salsa, I am well aware of the power of the pepper. It is easy to burn your skin, eyes, mouth and/or genitals if proper care is not used.

Nice looking pepper as I grow several different kinds every year. My mothers garden must have the perfect soil for pepper as they continue to produce up until frost as my garden they don't grow very good. I grew some ghost pepper last year and they would turn you face red just looking at them. I didn't have the nerve or wanted the desired pain from trying them.

Thanks for posting as I like pepper just as long as they are not to hot. I love stuffed Bell pepper.

83NRf5coW2rnAWxWAJXAWTab2BjbwQ7iCMuiDaia8zsBHDN4Ha1KHC0XnSqe5D3FVX_BV9lX9EJQMYqekmFzlUSosDSgKDxTiDMxS9Q=w600-l68

Strange that your hands only started burning from the capsaicin 4hrs later.

An Aloe Vera leaf can be very effective...if you can get your hands on some at the time ;-)

jltrent said:
Nice looking pepper as I grow several different kinds every year. My mothers garden must have the perfect soil for pepper as they continue to produce up until frost as my garden they don't grow very good. I grew some ghost pepper last year and they would turn you face red just looking at them. I didn't have the nerve or wanted the desired pain from trying them.

Thanks for posting as I like pepper just as long as they are not to hot. I love stuffed Bell pepper.

83NRf5coW2rnAWxWAJXAWTab2BjbwQ7iCMuiDaia8zsBHDN4Ha1KHC0XnSqe5D3FVX_BV9lX9EJQMYqekmFzlUSosDSgKDxTiDMxS9Q=w600-l68

jl you ever grow any of those "Peter Peppers"? :lol2: :nod:

jltrent said:

jed that looks good. can you share the ingredients you got in there and how it's prepared? what's your method of savoring this culinary delight? do you eat the goodies in the pepper first then the pepper?

pic below is a packet of seeds my wife's friend sent her. don't know why anybody would even try these. they look dangerous (click on pic to see better).

Here is a good recipe as you can add what you want or take away what you don't like. They are good anyway you want to eat them.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23014857/classic-stuffed-peppers-recipe/

jltrent said:
Here is a good recipe as you can add what you want or take away what you don't like. They are good anyway you want to eat them.

https://www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a23014857/classic-stuffed-peppers-recipe/
thank you. we're gonna give this a try.

Latest posts