Regulations regarding power lines in Texas

Help Support CattleToday:

We had to go around the ex's sister to get power to a well. Cost another $16,000 After the divorce it cost the ex the additional $16,000 I still laugh about that part.

i have found they own they land when they want and can do whatever they want, but the rest of the times its yours to maintain. They will do what they want and know they can.

The king dufus down the road paid a guy to give the electric company a easement to have the electricity routed to his house. It technically wasn't a easement, it was payment to have a ton of trees cut and to allow the electric company to have a easement...I think he paid the land owner 5000...he really wanted power. Anywho, he was suppose to cut the timber up for firewood and never did. That started a big war in which we sit back and watch. Dufus charged out there when the electric company came to cut the trees back, him saying that he bought that land and they were not allowed on it. Which makes absolutely no sense. He did not buy the land, and why would you prohibit the trees trimmed...He's also the one who protested his tiny little tree under the lines to not be cut, i'm guessing they felt he was unstable and a little dangerous. He made a lot of people mad and I bet that if his electricity goes out, he may have to wait a while for it to come back on.

I still owe my neighbor for the power company right of way he signed so we could have power. I mow his place 4 times every summer and sends me a $200 dollar check every time. I send all his checks back at Christmas, this has been going on for 12 years and counting. I go out of my way to help all my neighbors even the deadbeats and freeloaders. But so far nothing has been stolen or vandalized since we moved here. KARMA

Around here which I live in Virginia last year they had a bunch of Mexicans spray under all our power lines. I don't know what spray they used , but they killed everything in a path I bet 50-75 wide. The larger trees it looked liked they took an ax and made a cut in an sprayed it and all died.

jltrent":wghyo19a said:
Around here which I live in Virginia last year they had a bunch of Mexicans spray under all our power lines. I don't know what spray they used , but they killed everything in a path I bet 50-75 wide. The larger trees it looked liked they took an ax and made a cut in an sprayed it and all died.
Hearted that post!

Can you send them my way?

greybeard":2lfn9u00 said:
jltrent":2lfn9u00 said:
Hearted that post!

Not everybody was happy it appears. You can see from the pictures how it killed and the larger trees that are still green in the picture most died latter from the ax mark and being sprayed in. They said in the reading "Our job is to stay in this line, right here above us, to apply 20 feet to either side,"

I saw about 10 Mexicans at Walmart shopping that was doing the spraying with backpacks. I bet those poor Mexicans want live ten year after being exposed to all those herbicides for weeks from spraying.

https://www.wbir.com/article/news/local ... -455065332

jltrent":2dmkvesu said:
Yep, even the very large Red Cedars are dead

jltrent":2rptepqu said:
They did that one year here and killed a very old oak that shaded our corrals. They said they just sprayed roots under the line, but somehow this big tree soaked it up..We contacted them to at least come remove the tree because it was very dangerous...But got nothing. Husband had to remove it and although he's very good at removing trees, it turned at the last second and fell on the corner of the corral. He then had to replace that part, and while doing that added a much needed extension. Yesterday I was in the corral tending to a cow problem and really missed that shade...

greybeard":1om85p5a said:
jltrent":1om85p5a said:
Hearted that post!

They are on their way with a few extra............

Screen-Shot-2018-03-30-at-9.57.21-PM-800x350.png

The large power line areas about 100' wide here they bushhog them what isnt planted in crops they dont care if you plant them in crops it keeps them from having to mow it.They just replaced the towers that were rusty with new galvanized ones but they told everyone last fall they were so they completed most of the powerlines by may 1 so everyone is free to plant for a long time

skyhightree1":1zy5ax4b said:
The large power line areas about 100' wide here they bushhog them what isnt planted in crops they dont care if you plant them in crops it keeps them from having to mow it.They just replaced the towers that were rusty with new galvanized ones but they told everyone last fall they were so they completed most of the powerlines by may 1 so everyone is free to plant for a long time
Same here Sky....ROW is 100 but you can use it anyway you want, just can't build anykind of building on the ROW.

TexasBred":t8cp2x9d said:
skyhightree1":t8cp2x9d said:
Same here Sky....ROW is 100 but you can use it anyway you want, just can't build anykind of building on the ROW.

Those are usually the big transmission lines correct? Your standard service lines are usually only 30' now days.

In Texas the first transmission lines were the H frame wooden structures for 69 Kv volts and the 50ft easements were obtained for that voltage , some the width was not designated ,just an easement. The lines are now being converted up to 765 KV with steel structures which requires a wider easement. In 1937 LCRA paid Mamma $75.00 for a 2000 ft easement. I am concerned over what will happen when they upgrade from wood to steel poles and higher voltage. I have never seen an easement and have been told some were not recorded.

cowboy43":2rf16rmq said:
In Texas the first transmission lines were the H frame wooden structures for 69 Kv volts and the 50ft easements were obtained for that voltage , some the width was not designated ,just an easement. The lines are now being converted up to 765 KV with steel structures which requires a wider easement. In 1937 LCRA paid Mamma $75.00 for a 2000 ft easement. I am concerned over what will happen when they upgrade from wood to steel poles and higher voltage. I have never seen an easement and have been told some were not recorded.

I believe it depends on wether it was a "defined" or "blanket" easement.

A local guy here wanted to build an irrigation pond for a good size pivot on his place but there was a power pole and a main water line right at the highest point of the damn. He looked into it and niether line had a recorded easement but had been there for as long as folks could remember. He had it out with both companies but got to build the damn. The power line is still high enough not to cause any danger. I guess if the water line ever breaks they will just have to go around.

cowboy43":1hg7sd0o said:
I would think they would have no legal ROW unless it was recorded with the legal description of the area within the ROW. Even a deed is not binding until it is recorded.

cowboy43":1im1v72x said:
We looked at a ranch that had big powerlines running through it right off the interstate but passed on it. There was a second near where we did finally buy but passed on it because of the lines running through. My daughter has a lease place with H framed lines running through. Glad we did not buy a ranch with lines on it, they can be such an eye sore. And our kids were small and at that time rumor had it that it was bad to live near them...whether that's true or not...

Latest posts