Pour-on Dosing Applicators. What to use?

Help Support CattleToday:

We use one similar but instead of just one opening for the stuff to squirt out ours has a half dozern holes. Makes a wider pattern on their backs. The hose just isn;t shown, it goes on the right end and stays conencted.

Atwoods had one that looks something like this that I picked up at lunch. I'll try it. The only thing, it doesn't have a cap for the wormer bottle, so I guess I'll just drill a hole in it and shove the tube down in it. It has the half dozen holes in the tip so it should spread the medication out nicely....hopefully without me wearing it.

images

We typically buy out stuff at Stillwater Milling here in town. I used the Cydetin last time and bought Safegaurd this time. No body ever mentions "free" at that place. LOL

Its time for me to worm this weekend. Havent decided on what one I want to use. The guy I bought the steer from used Safeguard. I had a problem with mites last year losing quarter to 1/2 dollar size spots in middle of winter. I only want to buy one product. Prefer pour on but could do paste. What kills the most. Not trying to jack thread. Can repost

Lomac":pvcyv5ag said:
Its time for me to worm this weekend. Havent decided on what one I want to use. The guy I bought the steer from used Safeguard. I had a problem with mites last year losing quarter to 1/2 dollar size spots in middle of winter. I only want to buy one product. Prefer pour on but could do paste. What kills the most. Not trying to jack thread. Can repost
You're dealing with 2 different issues. A wormer won;t affect the mites and the stuff for the mites won;t worm them.

FWIW you have one of the best wormers on the market IMO, Dun and BCC both highly recommended using oral wormer and I tried it in the fall of last year and did it again in the spring and will use it when I work them in the next few weeks. I have not had any fecals runs but just from appearance the cows look better calves are better and I cant help but think it has some contribution.

I'm sure I don't have the facility that most folks do and I'm quite certain that I don't want to fight the cows and especially that bull with an oral application. I'll just crowd them all up in the lane, shut the gate, walk down it with the pour-on, and turn them out.

I'll probably go back with thy Cydectin and put out a Safeguard block. The block should help catch all the worms the pour-on doesn't kill.

Thanks for posting that link! I copied that table of all the wormers and pasted it into an excel spreadsheet so I can save it and print it off nicely. I wish I could just link the sheet here in stead of a crappy screen-shot. I re-arranged the columns to my order of importance.

Capture_zpsikbnom4y.png

I put it in a used shampoo bottle. Pour cubes around the truck and i can get them all while they eat. Works good for small herds as long as you dont let it blow air. Scares them a little.

4x4dually":2jpxt0a7 said:
I'm sure I don't have the facility that most folks do and I'm quite certain that I don't want to fight the cows and especially that bull with an oral application. I'll just crowd them all up in the lane, shut the gate, walk down it with the pour-on, and turn them out.

I'll probably go back with thy Cydectin and put out a Safeguard block. The block should help catch all the worms the pour-on doesn't kill.

Thanks for posting that link! I copied that table of all the wormers and pasted it into an excel spreadsheet so I can save it and print it off nicely. I wish I could just link the sheet here in stead of a crappy screen-shot. I re-arranged the columns to my order of importance.

Capture_zpsikbnom4y.png

send me that excel to my email bro

Latest posts