Posting calf pics for Kathie ....

Help Support CattleToday:

hillsdown

Reaction score
These are pics I am posting for Kathie .

So, attaching pics of the 5/11/13 white heifer (British White cow X Bl. Galloway bull) and the 90 lb. bull calf we had to pull on the 19th, out of a first timer Angus X and the same Galloway bull. That sandy-colored cow is totally a keeper! We had to pull that calf, but she stayed right in the barn pen, never kicked or shook her head at us. Just let us help her.

We had a little trouble getting this 5/11/13 heifer going yesterday, but she seems to be doing fine today. Out of a British White cow X Black Galloway bull. Couple more to go . . . .

Last heifer due didn't do so good. Pulled a probably 2-day old dead calf today; not big, but sideways, and we didn't catch the problem fast enough. Cow is on Penn for a few days and banamine for couple. She has a hearty appetite, but is confused -- as she should be. End of calving season here.

Bummer for the loss of the calf, you might be able to pick up a calf in the Yakima area at a dairy to graft on. I drove through your area Sat., sure enjoyed the sun early in the day.

Named'em Tamed'em":1a3950h7 said:
Bummer for the loss of the calf, you might be able to pick up a calf in the Yakima area at a dairy to graft on. I drove through your area Sat., sure enjoyed the sun early in the day.

Have feelers out, including on Yak Craigs. We have one dairy locally, and they have no calves due for a couple weeks. Most of the beef raisers nearby calve earlier than we do. Named'em Tamed'em, you must have come through at the just the right time. Saturday wasn't too bad, but the days before and after have been west-side wet. There's hay here in the valley ready to cut, but toooooo wet.

Latest posts