Post driver

Help Support CattleToday:

How big are the posts? Any rock? Operator any good? You gonna break down?

In good easy going dirt, one big day with a good post driver and a skid steer or loader tractor feeding it. Problem is, someone will need to pull layout, fuel, grease, dinner, and the shortest days of the year. The way my back feels today, I'd double the price and see if I couldn't stretch that one out till Christmas. Lol

Hook2.0":2ibq0369 said:
5/6" posts. No rocks. All sand new tractor and newer driver. Layouts already done, all post locations flagged.
Biggest problem i see is beer breaks and keeping lines straight at the end of the day :lol:

I was gonna mention the beer break variable. It happens on them buddy deals. Ha!

Hook2.0":n6d06f6c said:
I've got to help a friend drive 700 wood posts next week for a grape vineyard he's putting in. Using a high flow post driver. How many posts a day do you all think we can get done with 3 of us?

kenny thomas":15w9ti4v said:
There isn't enough hoiurs of daylight now to do 322. That's 1 ever 2 minutes including moving and setup. You can't do it

Probably not with a pounder. In good going I can do better than one a minute with my excavator. Full bundle of posts in the cleanup bucket and away you go.

Hook2.0":1i8s8lrn said:
Using a high flow post driver.

For the sake of curiosity, what kind of driver are you using? And what length posts/depth in ground?

Hook2.0":3m5qrgj7 said:
5/6" posts. No rocks. All sand new tractor and newer driver. Layouts already done, all post locations flagged.
Biggest problem i see is beer breaks and keeping lines straight at the end of the day :lol:

We do several vineyards a year. The layout can be quite challenging. The braces need to line up. The deadmen need to line up and the line post need to line up. Everything both directions and on the diagional or it will look like a mess. I have yet to do one where the vineyard owner had it right. I hope you do. Another thing....less is better on a vineyard. Space your line post at least 20' and it will finish much neater looking
You just have to build good strong braces so you can pull your wire banjo tight......have fun

Hook2.0":1t2m0nqs said:
Farm Fence Solutions":1t2m0nqs said:
Hook2.0":1t2m0nqs said:
Well, i was wrong, he didn't have the layout finished. We got that done and about 90 brace posts done today.

It ain't dark yet. Back to work Hook!
He didn't even feed me and I had to bring my own beer. I've always said "you get paid what you're worth". I lost money today :lol:

Welcome to the fence business

Hook2.0":4gjcczjx said:
Farm Fence Solutions":4gjcczjx said:
Hook2.0":4gjcczjx said:
Well, i was wrong, he didn't have the layout finished. We got that done and about 90 brace posts done today.

It ain't dark yet. Back to work Hook!
He didn't even feed me and I had to bring my own beer. I've always said "you get paid what you're worth". I lost money today :lol:

You're hired! I'll even split the beer tab with ya.

Latest posts