Gehl VT320 w/montana 1000 driver?

Help Support CattleToday:

smartin0022

Reaction score
So dad and I are driving 6" post couple thousand feet on father's day he came down to start the job. It's a gehl Vt320 and we are using his Montana 1000 driver. We'll he kept complaining about the slope we were on because their is no way to lock it in park. When he's positioned on the post and on the incline he has to hold constant pressure on the left joystick to stay in place while hammering them in. It made for a long very not great fathers day. Anyone know how else to do this with the equipment we have to use? I tried chalking the tracks with firewood but that wasn't to great either. Tried driving facing down but he had to hold slight back on the stick that way as well. I wasn't running the machine and haven't much at all but I would think you should have to be able to. Google search didn't bring up much for me.

I can't imagine that machine not having a parking brake. Usually a red button on joystick or control panel. Lock up wheels but not fel.
It can be a bit of a pain with the style driver your using as you need to inch up at times as you go down. We usually ride the joystick until it gets a pretty significant slope. Then we'll use the brake.

It does gave a parking b
I can't imagine that machine not having a parking brake. Usually a red button on joystick or control panel. Lock up wheels but not fel.
It can be a bit of a pain with the style driver your using as you need to inch up at times as you go down. We usually ride the joystick until it gets a pretty significant slope. Then we'll use the brake.
It does have a parking brake but when you push the button or lift the bar all power to hydraulics is killed. So I think they call it a hydralok or something. I think we could run a jumper across to constantly close the loop to the safety feature I think, maybe. Just thought hopefully someone had a same style setup.

Both my Gehl machines have a red parking brake button to hold you in place. As long as I stay in the seat and lap bar down hydraulics stay live. Use the switch all the time when pounding posts.
I wasn't the operator that day. Its a newer machine to dad i think 6 months and he said it don't work when parking brakes locked. I'll have to test it out myself, he was pretty frustrated. He's used to flat country driving post I'm not so fortunate in my area.

Latest posts