possible new laws?

Help Support CattleToday:

GMN

Reaction score
I'm wondering all these new laws that a certain group is tryng to enforce for dog kennels if they succeed will they in turn try with other ag animals? Seems it got alot of people concerned, wondering how concerned we all should be?

GMN

we should be VERY VERY VERYconcerned
The laws are in place already to do what this proposition is wanting to do all our gov't needs to do is enforce these laws
The supporters are trying to make it sound like they are just trying to help the poor animals and that every dog breeder is neglectful and is abusing animals in reality most breeders are raising animals for a profit and if they abuse or mistreat their animals then they aren't going to stay in business just as if I don't take care of my cows I won't be in business long either
they are using a few bad apples to get control over all of us
which in reality it is just giving the HSUS the control to get all dog breeders shut down
I don't have a dog in this fight but the way I see it is if the HSUS can get this law passed then the next thing they will do is try to get laws passed saying that every cow will have to have so much defined space
they have already done it to the hog industry
so the cows will be next

It's bothered me that I've seen dozens of yes commercials but until this morning I had never seen a no commercial

I know a few dog people that have formed a group, the manpower they have put in to fight the ads that HSUS has put out, and get the truth out about Prop B is admirable. They operate on a low budget though, but when i got my MFA bill and milk check there were flyers in there from the mofb who is spending some $$$ to fight it, giving the negatives on Prop B. The last commercal I saw for Prob B the 2 so called dog breeders saying they were voting yes, and the Vet-well turns out the so called dog breeders don't have kennels they have rescue dog businesses and the Vet was from TX not MO, this is the kind of dirty tricks these people use to make people think they way they want them to think-very misleading.

A UW Veterinarian was on KTTS this morning saying he has researched HSUS and is very concerned that they have a hidden agenda-ya think? Saying he is against Prop B becasue it won't sove any of the unlicensed dog breeder issues, if anything it will make it worse.

GMN

It already started LAST year here in CA with that proposition on space requirements for chickens, etc. that has to be implemented in 2012...

WATCH OUT!

The accomplished the protection of mountain lions in ca by equating them to house cats.

less than 1/2 cent of every $ collected in 2008 went to the hands on care of dogs and cats

The IRS is investigating HSUS for EXCESSIVE LOBBYING in violation of their 501c non profit status

a statement by the ex HSUS consultant and former cheif investigator states " The Humane Society should be worried about protecting animals from cruelty. It's not doing that , The place is all about power and money"

In an E-mail on Nov. 16,2009 The Pres. and CEO of the HSUS stated that "every responsible breeder is a puppy miller, Every family farmer is a factory farmer, and every responsible hunter is a poacher' !!!

Angus Cowman":1mygw4pv said:
less than 1/2 cent of every $ collected in 2008 went to the hands on care of dogs and cats

The IRS is investigating HSUS for EXCESSIVE LOBBYING in violation of their 501c non profit status

a statement by the ex HSUS consultant and former cheif investigator states " The Humane Society should be worried about protecting animals from cruelty. It's not doing that , The place is all about power and money"

In an E-mail on Nov. 16,2009 The Pres. and CEO of the HSUS stated that "every responsible breeder is a puppy miller, Every family farmer is a factory farmer, and every responsible hunter is a poacher' !!!

Yah I heard that quote, what a crock.They got alot of whacked out ideas for sure. i got a good feeling its not gonna pass here in MO, its getting viscious though. Last week the columnist for the Reflex wrote a peice telling voters why Prop B is a bad thing, this week the CEO of the HSUS responded with how no where does this Prop B say it will effect Farm animals-it may not say that, but its their agenda. I hope they eat dirt on Tuesday-

Prop B in MO passed. I stayed up until 10:30 tthe numbers were against it all day, then the St Louis votes came in, and wham, it was so close. 52%-48%-not sure what is going thru peoples minds that voted yes-but i think they need their heads examinined.

GMN

GMN":gb5y8yhx said:
Prop B in MO passed. I stayed up until 10:30 tthe numbers were against it all day, then the St Louis votes came in, and wham, it was so close. 52%-48%-not sure what is going thru peoples minds that voted yes-but i think they need their heads examinined.

GMN
At midnight it was going no by 200 votes out of something like 1.7 million. I had high hopes that st louis and kc had already weighed in. Obviously they hadn;t

One of my kennel friends said that Andrew Hunte, of Hunte Brokers, got a tip that there might have been some election fraud that went on in several counties in St Louis county that an investigation is being done, into number of ballots vs number of poeple actually registered to vote. Being the vote was No for most of the day and into the night, it is pretty odd that the outcome was yes-so who knows?

GMN

GMN":dckrg51i said:
One of my kennel friends said that Andrew Hunte, of Hunte Brokers, got a tip that there might have been some election fraud that went on in several counties in St Louis county that an investigation is being done, into number of ballots vs number of poeple actually registered to vote. Being the vote was No for most of the day and into the night, it is pretty odd that the outcome was yes-so who knows?

GMN
Surely no one would suspect HSUS of doing anything underhanded or illegal